UGA CB jailed for not giving his name to police

Doc_Holliday23

Thats what I heard, the cop was an idiot and now the city and the chief are hoping momma don't sue their rear ends. So all you Techie's can move on back over to hoping ya'll can stop the run this year and the next year and so forth. :rofl:

if you weren't so blinded by your own homerism you'd see that most of the people sick of this stuff are your own fans.

topcat

"Yall's" is not a word. The proper word is "your." "Y'all" is a contracted version of "you all," and there is no "you all's," at least among literate and semi-literate people that earned a high school diploma. It is a crutch for ignorant people that cannot learn English but complain about Mexicans and pressing the "1" to speak English.

So who are you to be calling anyone else retarded? :stir::bounce:
Peach Fuzzy, get a life. This is a message forum and I was just ::ke:. Not much on here should be taken too seriously, especially spelling, punctuation, and grammar. But just for kicks, I'd just love to see you critique your fellow UGA fans. :bounce::whip:
Either way, I'm sick to death of my team making headlines for all the wrong reasons. Even though this one turned out to be bull crap, I'm just tired of it.
I know how you feel, trust me. But since Kiffin has been gone, we haven't had any incidents. All along I attributed the off the field behavior to his lack of discipline and blind recruiting. What do you attribute UGA's problems to?

if you weren't so blinded by your own homerism you'd see that most of the people sick of this stuff are your own fans.
Exactly.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Peach Fuzzy, get a life. This is a message forum and I was just ::ke:. Not much on here should be taken too seriously, especially spelling, punctuation, and grammar. But just for kicks, I'd just love to see you critique your fellow UGA fans. :bounce::whip:

I know how you feel, trust me. But since Kiffin has been gone, we haven't had any incidents. All along I attributed the off the field behavior to his lack of discipline and blind recruiting. What do you attribute UGA's problems to?

Exactly.

Hard to tell if that was a loaded question. Knowing you, I doubt that it was intended to be, but with everything that has happened with our team, it is one because it kind of scary to contemplate.

I really don't know. CMR never fails to punish these guys when they do something stupid. There have been several instances of him kicking people off the team with Montez Robinson serving as the most recent example. So I have a hard time believing that it is a lack of discipline being inforced.

The recruiting argument is interesting. It's tempting to blame that, especially in Kiffin's case. I don't know how many of those guys were guys that Kiffin recruited. If they all were, it's reasonable to chalk it up to "blind recruiting." If not, then it isn't.

In the case of UGA, CMR has long talked about trying to recruit people of good character. Given the way he lives his life, I have no choice but to take him at his word. Also, all these same kids were being recruited by most other SEC schools, so that would make CMR, at worst, no more guilty of blind recruiting than any other coach in the SEC so that doesn't really wash. But, not every other team is having these problems even though they use, at best, the same recruiting methods.

So now we're back to square one, team discipline, but offenders at UGA are duly punished.

I don't know man. I really don't know, but it bothers me and I'm tired of it.

topcat

No, not intended to be a loaded question really. Just curious as to what your opinion is, and you ALWAYS have one. :cheers:

In our case, I attribute it to the character of the players recruited, and the character of Lane Kiffin, and the atmosphere he was trying to create. Lil Wayne blaring through the speakers at practices and such. No way do I think that's going on at Georgia... that's why I asked. I really don't have a theory anymore.

Georgia Hard Hunter

"Yall's" is not a word. The proper word is "your." "Y'all" is a contracted version of "you all," and there is no "you all's," at least among literate and semi-literate people that earned a high school diploma. It is a crutch for ignorant people that cannot learn English but complain about Mexicans and pressing the "1" to speak English.

So who are you to be calling anyone else retarded? :stir::bounce:

Thats All You Got??? Look around... this AIN"T English Class

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
No, not intended to be a loaded question really. Just curious as to what your opinion is, and you ALWAYS have one. :cheers:

In our case, I attribute it to the character of the players recruited, and the character of Lane Kiffin, and the atmosphere he was trying to create. Lil Wayne blaring through the speakers at practices and such. No way do I think that's going on at Georgia... that's why I asked. I really don't have a theory anymore.

Yeah playing Lil Wayne at practice is pretty much a conscious effort to encourage thuggery. That and flying to see a kid play on a helicopter.:bounce: I still can't believe that actually happened. But as far as it goes with us, I'm really at a loss.

I'm not trying to let CMR off the hook or anything, I'm as sick of it as I can be. I'm just not sure who is really falling down on the job here. One thing is for sure, if it keeps up at the rate that it has been going, people will eventually blame CMR and he will have to answer for it. I can't really say that that's unfair because he is the head coach and right or wrong the buck will stop with him at some point. But i really don't see what he can do that he's not doing.

Me and Smoke had an interesting conversation about this once. Adam doesn't do a lot of talking about this because he's not that kind of guy, but he played for CMR (sorry Adam). I asked him if CMR was as calm and unflappable at practice as he is in front of the camera. He said that while CMR gets fired up at practice, he's still pretty low key and rarely "goes off" as he prefers to let his staff do that.

He also mentioned that freshman have to go to church with CMR on Sundays unless their parents contact him and let him know that they don't want that to happen (hard to imagine). He said that it's nothing for CMR to have the team at his house around his family. These are obviously good things, but Smoke made the point, "Now whether or not that's the best approach toward these kids that really grew up rough, that's hard to say." Maybe that's where the problem lies. I don't know.

fairhopebama

This whole situation with this kid is pretty petty in my opinion. The cop should have just told the guys enough with the fireworks and that should have been it. No reason to take names unless there was something more to it. I just don't see any harm in what this kid was doing, however, he should have just answered the cop when asked his name.

FootLongDawg

Yeah playing Lil Wayne at practice is pretty much a conscious effort to encourage thuggery. That and flying to see a kid play on a helicopter.:bounce: I still can't believe that actually happened. But as far as it goes with us, I'm really at a loss.

I'm not trying to let CMR off the hook or anything, I'm as sick of it as I can be. I'm just not sure who is really falling down on the job here. One thing is for sure, if it keeps up at the rate that it has been going, people will eventually blame CMR and he will have to answer for it. I can't really say that that's unfair because he is the head coach and right or wrong the buck will stop with him at some point. But i really don't see what he can do that he's not doing.

Me and Smoke had an interesting conversation about this once. Adam doesn't do a lot of talking about this because he's not that kind of guy, but he played for CMR (sorry Adam). I asked him if CMR was as calm and unflappable at practice as he is in front of the camera. He said that while CMR gets fired up at practice, he's still pretty low key and rarely "goes off" as he prefers to let his staff do that.

He also mentioned that freshman have to go to church with CMR on Sundays unless their parents contact him and let him know that they don't want that to happen (hard to imagine). He said that it's nothing for CMR to have the team at his house around his family. These are obviously good things, but Smoke made the point, "Now whether or not that's the best approach toward these kids that really grew up rough, that's hard to say." Maybe that's where the problem lies. I don't know.

Easy SGD. Don't get tangled up in the small stuff. The winning this year is going to make you forget everything.
Count on it:cheers:

Doc_Holliday23

O.K, here is the police report in the cops own words.

Now with all due respect, it does look as if the officer got a little badge happy. The student gave his first and last name, and said he was unsure of the spelling of his middle name. Not usual, but hardly rising to the level of "obstruction", especially when you're not accused of committing a crime.

The UGA police chief is tripping over himself apologizing. It has also come out that the complainant told the "suspects" that he had called the police, and these two hung around, and a third party executed a bush warrant.

http://www.redandblack.com/media/2010/07/lovereport.pdf

I don't know which is more embarrasing:
having a really crazy middle name or not being able to spell your very normal middle name.

Slingblade

Gone But Not Forgotten
I know the arresting "Barney" and it doesn't surprise me at all...he likes to pick nits.

huntindawg

I don't know which is more embarrasing:
having a really crazy middle name or not being able to spell your very normal middle name.

If the kid's father was an absentee dad like the story that is being fed to us, I could see where his mother would never teach him his middle name, much like it never existed. She sounds like she obviously has a good head on her shoulders (works for the FBI, gives out good legal advice) so she probably never told him his middle name when the child's father decided he wasn't going to be a part of his life. I actually have a good friend that for years thought he didn't have a middle name til he saw his birth certificate when he was applying for a passport.

That being said, there are only about 5 ways to spell Lawrence (in my mind anyway) you would think he would get one of them right.

Edited: I forgot to add that any supporter of the team and University that allowed Joe Burns to come into and "learn" at its fine institution should not be casting any stones when it comes to reading and writing abilities.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Easy SGD. Don't get tangled up in the small stuff. The winning this year is going to make you forget everything.
Count on it:cheers:

Just exploring the topic a little. I sure hope you're right.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
If the kid's father was an absentee dad like the story that is being fed to us, I could see where his mother would never teach him his middle name, much like it never existed. She sounds like she obviously has a good head on her shoulders (works for the FBI, gives out good legal advice) so she probably never told him his middle name when the child's father decided he wasn't going to be a part of his life. I actually have a good friend that for years thought he didn't have a middle name til he saw his birth certificate when he was applying for a passport.

That being said, there are only about 5 ways to spell Lawrence (in my mind anyway) you would think he would get one of them right.

Edited: I forgot to add that any supporter of the team and University that allowed Joe Burns to come into and "learn" at its fine institution should not be casting any stones when it comes to reading and writing abilities.

I've mentioned that before.:bounce: Joe is from just down the road from me and while he's a nice enough guy, if he is smart enough to do all the same work the average Tech student does, I'm a Polish jet pilot.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Check out this latest bit of bull dung. The judge upheld this nonsense!

Absurd. Kafkaesque.

We’ve all mocked the Athens-Clarke County justice system over things like scooters and alleys, but things have crossed into a new realm entirely with the news that the obstruction charge against Jordan Love has been upheld by a magistrate.

… Auslander determined that Love “did obstruct Officer [Kevin] Thompson, a law enforcement officer, in the lawful discharge of his official duties by refusing several requests to provide his date of birth and a correct spelling of his middle name” in issuing a warrant.

This kid has been booked, posted bail, retained counsel and now has to deal with the criminal justice system – either a trial or a plea bargain – over his middle name. No… sorry… over the spelling of his middle name.

Forget about the civil libertarian in you being outraged. This is just the cherry on top of the sundae for Mark Richt this week. He already deals with the hot seat canard on the recruiting trail. Then he got hit with the Damon Evans dismissal. And now, this, the best negative recruiting tool ever.

You can hear it now: “Ma’am, one thing I can assure you of is that if little Johnny comes to our town, he won’t be getting arrested because of his name. Coach Richt is a good man, you ask him if that’s the case in Athens.”

And the worst thing about that is Richt has no answer, no defense to it. Unless you think providing a “learning opportunity” for Chief Williamson’s officers is going to carry any weight with little Johnny’s mama.

Well, look at the bright side -- the kid will go in front of Judge Kent Lawrence, former UGA All-American.

Doc_Holliday23

Is it not on his driver's license?

2 words: Leonard Pope.

injun joe

Gone But Not Forgotten
Wouldn't momma teach him his birthday either? Maybe it's his Dad's b'day, too.