UGA Defensive End Gets arrested for bashing face of fellow student -- 3 Dogs "gone"

UGA Defensive End Gets arrested for bashing face of fellow student -- 3 Dogs "gone"

UGA defensive end, Michael Lemon, had warrants issued for him for smashing up the face of another student. Fellow's face was broken up pretty good.

Well, that's 3 UGA football players and one basketball player arrested in the last two weeks.

Full story:

Athens-Clarke police took out arrest warrants late this afternoon against Georgia defensive end Michael Lemon, charging him with both misdemeanor battery and felony aggravated battery, according to police.
Lemon, a redshirt sophomore, is expected to surrender to authorities Thursday morning on the charges stemming from a fight last weekend that seriously injured another UGA student, police said.
Demarius Jackson, a 20-year-old political science and international affairs major from Albany, said Lemon "sucker-punched" him at a cookout Saturday night at an apartment complex .
Lemon, 20, accused Jackson of talking to his girlfriend, the victim and witnesses told police.
"I know her, but I wasn't talking to her or anything like that," Jackson said.
Lemon was playing cards and drinking liquor with a group of men, Jackson said, when he got up and approached Jackson, who was sitting on a ledge near a grill at The Exchange, 255 The Preserves Drive.
Lemon spoke to him and turned to leave, but spun around and knocked Jackson to the ground with one punch, Jackson said.
Lemon, who is 6-foot-4 and 274 pounds, continued to pummel Jackson until someone pulled him off, according to police.
Lemon left the complex and Jackson was taken by ambulance to St. Mary's Hospital.
Jackson was knocked unconscious and suffered a concussion and "blowout fracture," a serious injury to the bone around the eye that might require surgery, he said.
<table align="right" width="340"><tbody><tr><td> MULTIMEDIA
<!-- ADD DESCRIPTION BELOW! -->
dbullet.gif
PDF: Read a copy of the incident report following the alleged assault involving Lemon:

View document (386k)

</td></tr></tbody></table>"I couldn't open my eye for two days, and now it's completely bloodshot and the left side of my face is numb," Jackson said. "I have to go to the doctor for a follow up next week to see how bad it is."
If he surrenders at the Clarke County Jail, Lemon will become the third Georgia football player arrested within three days.
Sophomore offensive linemen Justin Anderson and Trinton Sturdivant were booked into the county jail Monday night, after UGA police charged them with battery.
The men allegedly touched a pregnant woman's stomach and made lewd comments as they followed her at the East Campus Village dormitory Saturday night, police said.
Athens attorney Edward Tolley, attorney for the UGA Athletic Association, said the players denied the charge.
Lemon is represented by a public defender, who could not be reached for comment.
In all, at least six Georgia players have been arrested this offseason, and Lemon would make the seventh.
"I'm relieved something finally is being done," Jackson said. "It's taken four days, but the warrant was definitely a step in the right direction."
A conviction on an aggravated battery charge carries a maximum penalty of 20 years in prison.

<!--ffast stop-->Published in the Athens Banner-Herald on 070308

blessedchevy

Haven't heard anything about it! I have heard of this guy but not a "main" factor!

Hey who knows, the guy could of been a Florida Gator transfer, and deserved it! :bounce: J/K

maker4life

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:When's it gonna stop:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

SuperSport

As everyone points out, every college has this problem! (still a line from the other schools out there) :bounce:

ugabulldog56

I think that would be 4 gone. Jeremy Lomax(concealed weapon), Anderson and Sturdivant(Battery), and now Lemon.

jmfdakaniterider2

I know Bean Andersons dad and it's all a crock!!!!!
Some folks can't stand that others are doing better for themself than just being low life street scum!!!!!!!

maker4life

Yeah that's what we say every time we beat Tech. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: When's it gonna to stop?

Not a tech fan here cuz . I'm a full out , tomahawk chopping "Criminole" and I'm ecstatic that , now that , THUGA is relevant again for the first time in nearly thirty years they've got the Clarke County jail busting at the seems .

So go ahead and make all your F$U , Free Shoes University jokes but don't hurt yourself falling off that high horse you all have been on for so long .

And before you start , I know we stink right now and may for another year but rest assured we will be back ! :cheers:

Ol' Red

Banned
Really all this shows is we can beat you on the field or beat you up off the field....It really doesn't matter to us.....you pick.:bounce:

F$U HAS BEEN a "has been" program for quite some time, GT was is a "never was" and the best thing you can come up with is "Thuga"?!?!!? I thought you boys downtown were supposed to the smart ones?:huh:

Happy 4th!:flag:

Red

maker4life

Really all this shows is we can beat you on the field or beat you up off the field....It really doesn't matter to us.....you pick.:bounce:

F$U HAS BEEN a "has been" program for quite some time, GT was is a "never was" and the best thing you can come up with is "Thuga"?!?!!? I thought you boys downtown were supposed to the smart ones?:huh:

Red

Two National Titles here since Georgia's even competed . Talk about a has been . Just so you don't get ahead of yourself remember they have not won a single game in the '08 season . I would not be oredering those rings just yet .

Doc_Holliday23

Red

4 > 2. Happy Holidays.

troutman34

Ol' Red you might want to get a clue. GA has 2 national titles. One in almost 30 years. FSU has 2 since GA and Tech has one. WOW GA is one heck of a National Powerhouse. All those top five recruiting classes in a row and still GA hasn't even played for national title. WOW what a POWERHOUSE!!! You are right Ol Red I don't know what I've been missing not being a GA fan. Oh, that's right I've missed the disappointment of all the high expectations and NOTHING to show for it. You might want to choose a new hobby, because putting your aspirations of life in a University that continues to UNDERACHIEVE isn't bringing you the happiness you deserve. Before you start talking about has beens and never was, you might want to look at the program you cheer for. Until GA lives up to the hype I wouldn't talk about other programs.

Happy 4th Ol Red!!!!

From a Never Was with 4 National Titles on their scoreboard!!!!

Ol' Red

Banned
Ol' Red you might want to get a clue. GA has 2 national titles. One in almost 30 years. FSU has 2 since GA and Tech has one. WOW GA is one heck of a National Powerhouse. All those top five recruiting classes in a row and still GA hasn't even played for national title. WOW what a POWERHOUSE!!! You are right Ol Red I don't know what I've been missing not being a GA fan. Oh, that's right I've missed the disappointment of all the high expectations and NOTHING to show for it. You might want to choose a new hobby, because putting your aspirations of life in a University that continues to UNDERACHIEVE isn't bringing you the happiness you deserve. Before you start talking about has beens and never was, you might want to look at the program you cheer for. Until GA lives up to the hype I wouldn't talk about other programs.

Happy 4th Ol Red!!!!

From a Never Was with 4 National Titles on their scoreboard!!!!

1) Tech has a 1/2 of a title. It was shared
2) You're right, you should have converted to a UGA fan along time ago.
3) Remind me what's the record of the UGA vs. GT rivalry?
4) Sell enough tickets to fill your seats ONCE this season...PLEASE! GT is giving football a bad name.
5) Stop the flood of recruits LEAVING Tech.....We might have to loan yall a couple of guys just so we can play in November.

How does it feel to play second fiddle year in, year out to UGA?

Joe Hamilton out of jail yet?

Red:flag:

Arrow3

:rofl: :rofl:

Y'all would think the UGA/GT game was this weekend or something.:D

Ol' Red

Banned
:rofl: :rofl:

Y'all would think the UGA/GT game was this weekend or something.:D

I would agree with that statement. Then again, for some of it's just another Saturday and another notch in the win column.;)

Doc_Holliday23

1) Tech has a 1/2 of a title. It was shared
2) You're right, you should have converted to a UGA fan along time ago.
3) Remind me what's the record of the UGA vs. GT rivalry?
4) Sell enough tickets to fill your seats ONCE this season...PLEASE! GT is giving football a bad name.
5) Stop the flood of recruits LEAVING Tech.....We might have to loan yall a couple of guys just so we can play in November.

How does it feel to play second fiddle year in, year out to UGA?

Joe Hamilton out of jail yet?

1) I'd rather have 1/2 of something than all of nothing, which is what you have for 28 years now, aka since before you and I were born. Not to mention the infamous 5th down.
2) Convert to UGA... maybe after my lobotomy...
3) I already did that... its 4-2. What are we playing for again? NC's.
4) There will be 90,000 people at Madonna concerts this year, too. Congratulations on drawing a big crowd of bandwagoning rednecks and hillbillies.
5) That's stupid enough to not warrant a real response. You'll need to save your players anyways, since you might have a quite a few incarcerated.

Joe passed your O-line on his way out.

Ol' Red

Banned
1) I'd rather have 1/2 of something than all of nothing, which is what you have for 28 years now, aka since before you and I were born. Not to mention the infamous 5th down.
2) Convert to UGA... maybe after my lobotomy...
3) I already did that... its 4-2. What are we playing for again? NC's.
4) There will be 90,000 people at Madonna concerts this year, too. Congratulations on drawing a big crowd of bandwagoning rednecks and hillbillies.
5) That's stupid enough to not warrant a real response. You'll need to save your players anyways, since you might have a quite a few incarcerated.

Joe passed your O-line on his way out.

Come on now Doc. I not really worried about you anyways....your better half will have you in red and black before it's over.;) Have a great 4th. I'm out....