Unofficial Thursday night eats....2nd Thursday in Oct. it's 88...whatcha cooking?

Dub

Gotta love the weather today.

I should be drawn and quartered for not grilling today !!!!!

Whatcha got on the menu for tonight ???

Had the day off.....slept late and made a pie for my wife & I.

WcdILsH.jpg

V9XSBpy.jpg

I am loving homemade pizza. I wish I could trade in all $$$ I've spent at Dominos, Pappa Johns, Marco's (the best of the chains) and etc and just make my own.

So much cheaper and really easy. Just takes some King Arthur flour, yeast, sauce, cheese and toppings.....most of which I have around anyway. Start to finish is under 30 mins, too.

Probably costs $4-$6 dollars to do it at home.

I am experimenting with the dough now. Added some basil and garlic powder to this ball. Really gave the crust more character.

I'm sure it can be taken to a whole 'nother level with a proper mixer and allowing a few hours to let the yeast really do it's thing. Beyond my capabilities at the moment. Just keeping it simple for now.:bounce:

After school folks come home hungry. Powerfully hungry. Had some leftover shrooms from the pizza and figured I'd see if the little guy would give 'em a try. Didn't cook them into it...just put them on top. Yeah...he picked them off and said, "Dad....what are you doing with these on here......yuck ! ". :rofl:

What he didn't know was that I tricked him and used ground turkey breast vs. ground beef. :) I was also able to sneak in some Vidalia onion and jalapeño into the mix, too. He approves of them, though.

dtLbv7F.jpg

XvGHrgq.jpg

ghl9R06.jpg

He destroyed 3 of these double-stacked-cheese stuffed tacos & the frijoles, too. Nothing left but the shrooms.

yePUx4Y.jpg

They looked edible to me....cheese in between the shells and all. For mine, I'd want sour cream, avocado and cilantro.

Last edited:

papachaz

man alive, that all looks great! I have GOT to try that home made pizza.....

no plated pics yet, I did chicken coated with lemon pepper on the smoker today. Got pics in that other thread, I'll get a plated pic and add here in a lil while

Attachments

• IMG_1940.JPG
    IMG_1940.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 409
Last edited:

Dub

no plated pics yet, I did chicken coated with lemon pepper on the smoker today. Got pics in that other thread, I'll get a plated pic and add here in a lil while

Looks mighty good !!!!!!!!!!

It's really easy and it's best done on a hot grill on a stone......but also does well in the oven.

Get a roll of parchment paper from the grocery store....right beside the tin foil for really easy transfer from prep-to oven-to cutting board.

Last edited:

papachaz

Looks mighty good !!!!!!!!!!

It's really easy and it's best done on a hot grill on a stone......but also does well in the oven.

Get a roll of parchment paper from the grocery store....right beside the tin foil for really easy transfer from prep-to oven-to cutting board.

thanks for the tips, I am going to have to do that on a grill, so lets see, get the smoker up to about 350? for how long, bout 20 minutes or so? now I have to round me up a stone

bigelow

Executive Chef at Billy's Bistro
Great loo king eats there I am on the plane home waiting to take off. A couple of scotch on the rocks soon to come.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Dub, man you got some fine eats going on!!!!!!!!!!:clap:

papachaz :cool:

Looking good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We had some fried pork steaks.

Attachments

• DSC01605.JPG
    DSC01605.JPG
    154.5 KB · Views: 394

Moonpie1

Gone but not forgotten
Yessir Dub that looks great. Pizza on the grill is the bomb! I use parchment paper liners in some of my Dutch ovens too. Makes for super easy clean up. Chaz nice looking plate man! Me and Mrs Moonpie are up in NCH's neck of the woods in Burnsville. Visiting with our daughter and son. They are making tacos tonight too. Pics to come.

pop pop jones

X3 on the grilled pizza. C&S bank is giving away one of them thar green egg things. They told me to fill out a form, for the drawing. Said it was for customer appreciation day. She didn't crack a smile when I asked, so y'all only apprreciat one of us.

Living on the fat tonight. No cooking here.

Dub

thanks for the tips, I am going to have to do that on a grill, so lets see, get the smoker up to about 350? for how long, bout 20 minutes or so? now I have to round me up a stone

Home Depot or Lowe's for a $12 stone that works really well. Also seen some hombres on here use regular old house bricks.....just gotta let them get heat saturated before putting the pie on them.

Parchment makes it stoopid-easy to transfer to the grill and remove and transfer to the cutting board.

I'm almost out, too. Gotta get more on my next trip to the grocery store.

Great loo king eats there I am on the plane home waiting to take off. A couple of scotch on the rocks soon to come.

Heck yeah.....traveling in style. The only way I fly is to get a script from the doc ahead of time for a relaxing agent......and/or hit up the airport bars prior to boarding.

Flying is an irrational act.....so is my approach to it. :)

Dub, man you got some fine eats going on!!!!!!!!!!:clap:

papachaz :cool:

Looking good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We had some fried pork steaks.

Thanks !

Fried pork steaks look mighty tasty. :cool:

Yessir Dub that looks great. Pizza on the grill is the bomb! I use parchment paper liners in some of my Dutch ovens too. Makes for super easy clean up. Chaz nice looking plate man! Me and Mrs Moonpie are up in NCH's neck of the woods in Burnsville. Visiting with our daughter and son. They are making tacos tonight too. Pics to come.

Looking forward to the pics !

Gotta try them in my next cast iron project, however, I'm probably going to shop around for some enameled cast iron soon.

X3 on the grilled pizza. C&S bank is giving away one of them thar green egg things. They told me to fill out a form, for the drawing. Said it was for customer appreciation day. She didn't crack a smile when I asked, so y'all only apprreciat one of us.

Living on the fat tonight. No cooking here.

Sounds great.....hope you get the winning draw !!!!!!

ryork

Last Night & Tonight

Not a lot of time to do much the last couple of nights. Used the grill pan on the stove-top both nights. Did turkey burgers last night and a grilled cheese for the little one.

Had some chicken breasts tonight. Added some canned Hop-N-John as a side.

Attachments

• 10-8 (3).jpg
    10-8 (3).jpg
    99 KB · Views: 367
  • 10-9.jpg
    10-9.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 383

papachaz

lookin good y'all! them turkey burgers look some more kinda good!

you travelers be safe!

tsharp

Looking good on here tonight! I took it easy tonight pan fried sausage on buns with hot sauce and cheese.

Attachments

• 2014-10-09 17.10.49.jpg
    2014-10-09 17.10.49.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 357

Moonpie1

Gone but not forgotten
Good luck on the egg PPJ. Hope you win it! Tasty looking eats Ryork! That grill pan will put some killer marks on some grub!!

Moonpie1

Gone but not forgotten
Prep.

Daughter browns up flour tortilla's a little in some olive oil. Not too crunchy, not too soft. This is a do over at the house.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 333

Moonpie1

Gone but not forgotten
Tacos.

All the lettuce and cilantro came out of daughter's garden. These were off the chain good!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 350

Moonpie1

Gone but not forgotten
Dessert.

Son requested..... Begged mom for a caramel cake. I wish I had it like that.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 347

ryork

Begged mom for a caramel cake.
My goodness!! I haven't even thought of one of those in a long time. That looks great!!

Dub

Moonpie......it simply doesn't get better than that......kicking back and enjoying a feast made by your family.