Update 12/13/21 split nasty is down....First pic of our Giant with his new head gear

Madsnooker

Sad day indeed for my son and me.
Split Nasty is down as of this past weekend. Found out this morning. Have the pic with the hunter. We know the hunter but not personally. He is the grandson of neighboring land owners.
I will not post the pic as obviously I don't have his permission. Not aware of it posted anywhere else but it could be? Just spoke to taxidermist that will mount it and he said it green scored 187.

Congrats to the lucky hunter!!!!

I know deer hunting should be fun and it is but I have to be honest, that was a gut punch this morning. Have hundreds of pics and feed this deer for 2 years. I'm really just sick for my son!!!! Once in a lifetime buck!!!

And just to be clear, in case someone reads to much into the last part I said, we don't think this deer was ours in anyway at all. It's just been a long quest for a truly magnificent animal that didn't end like we had hoped. Nothing more.

Last edited:

JROESEL

Sad day indeed for my son and me.
Split Nasty is down as of this past weekend. Found out this morning. Have the pic with the hunter. We know the hunter but not personally. He is the grandson of neighboring land owners.
I will not post the pic as obviously I don't have his permission. Not aware of it posted anywhere else but it could be? Just spoke to taxidermist that will mount it and he said it green scored 187.

Congrats to the lucky hunter!!!!

I know deer hunting should be fun and it is but I have to be honest, that was a gut punch this morning. Have hundreds of pics and feed this deer for 2 years. I'm really just sick for my son!!!! Once in a lifetime buck!!!
Stay positive, yeah it’s a tough pill to swallow, but that deer has been passing those genes for years, and his off springs have been breeding as well, y’all had a deer of a life time with insane genetics, that are all over your land now, yeah feeding helps, but genetics are the key!!! Keep on pushing forward, and who knows what will transpire over the next year, the stud is gone, so someone has to fill his place in the chain

Madsnooker

Stay positive, yeah it’s a tough pill to swallow, but that deer has been passing those genes for years, and his off springs have been breeding as well, y’all had a deer of a life time with insane genetics, that are all over your land now, yeah feeding helps, but genetics are the key!!! Keep on pushing forward, and who knows what will transpire over the next year, the stud is gone, so someone has to fill his place in the chain

Thanks and that is exactly what I told my son. He breed does last year as well as this year up until last weekend.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Dang that stinks ! I’ve had some not nearly as big that I was hunting get killed by neighbors and it does sting a little ! But they’ll always be another . Was he killed on the other guy that shared the pictures property ?

sleepr71

It hurts. Been there. God chose to bless that young man instead of y’all. Who knows why. We won’t ever know Why. Maybe the lucky hunter hunted harder & prayed harder. Could have just been in the right place,at the right time. I’d waay rather another hunter get one,than a car or disease. Anyhow,Just have to look at the positives & move on. There will be others..:cheers:

27metalman

I seen the post... I don't post pics of other people's stuff either. Was hoping for an update though.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Thanks for this pic. What a deer….score idea?
I think he said 187 in another post , wow what a buck ! I’d of been sick but still happy for the hunter . Also happy that I had property to hunt in a area that can grow em like that .