First antlered buck in 20+ years

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Nice job t back. I like that buck's character

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
My turn T.....but if you beat me to the next one I won’t be hating. I left early today to go to work. I’m hoping for any buck to act a fool.:rockon:

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Here’s a trail camera video of the buck rights before I shot him. If the video had been a few seconds longer it would have shown the kill shot.
The time is an hour off BTW it’s 5:22

The camera is about half way between me and the buck and is to the left of my blind so I’m actually about 10 yards to the right and behind of where the camera is set up

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Good buck and story....lot of character in both....my 7mm shoots the same....killed 2 does sat. one dropped a gallon of blood the other a thimble full...both ran 50yds before dropping...
I went back today and looked at it in the daytime if it wasn’t blowing 20 mph winds sleet and dark clouds when I shot I probably would have been able to see him go down. Ran about 50 yards and piled up.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Heck, yeah! Congrats! That put a smile on my face. I enjoyed reading that. And I'm happy for you, bud. I hope you will be able to hunt a lot more, and if you plan to do so, maybe get yourself a deer cart. I always say, a quality pair of snake boots, and a deer cart, are two items every deer hunter should own. Money well spent!

Now, go knockdown another one, brother.

:cheers:

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
I’ve got to add this
I was so pumped up with adrenaline I literally laid awake in bed last night until 4:30-5:00 AM. ?
I told my wife if I even kill a real big one they’re gonna have to life flight me out of here ???

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Heck, yeah! Congrats! That put a smile on my face. I enjoyed reading that. And I'm happy for you, bud. I hope you will be able to hunt a lot more, and if you plan to do so, maybe get yourself a deer cart. I always say, a quality pair of snake boots, and a deer cart, are two items every deer hunter should own. Money well spent!

Now, go knockdown another one, brother.

:cheers:
Ha! Last night about 20 feet into the drag I thought “I need one of those deer carts” then I thought “I’m officially old” lol

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Ha! Last night about 20 feet into the drag I thought “I need one of those deer carts” then I thought “I’m officially old” lol
When I read your story, I thought, T needs one of those deer carts! :bounce: I've dragged many deer out of the woods by myself, but this cart sure is handy. On this day, it was used to haul my climber in and out. This was a long walk, so I had to take the cart with me. Would've taken too long to walk out to get it and come back, had I killed one. So, it's good for hauling other things too. Heck, you may need one so the neighbor's daughter can throw you on it and haul your tail out! :p

Cart.JPG

hambone76

Congratulations on a great buck!
I enjoyed reading the story.

bullgator

Congrats. That’s way better than any meds in pill form.