Useless Billy's #900 rules for livin' the goot life

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB0704

I Gots Goats
........I've had much better hot dogs from a gas station than what I get at the Varsity. Difference is I would never eat gas station cole slaw.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
Not really. But I was all kinda hungry, as I hadn't eaten breakfast either. Folks go to the Varsity for the nostalgia of it all........and the onion rings. They are really good!

Don`t guess I`ll ever try the place. Unless they build one down this way.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Is the Varsity that good?
Lets just say it's "unique". I like the food although they are better burgers and dogs elsewhere. It's one of those iconic places that you always considered it a big deal to eat at if you went to an event in Atlanta.

JB0704

I Gots Goats
Don`t guess I`ll ever try the place. Unless they build one down this way.

It's worth eatin' once or twice. Not terrible. But, for perspective, I work about 2 blocks away, and in 6 years nobody that I know of in my office has suggested we got here for lunch. YEt, we will walk 5+ blocks sometimes to get sumpin to eat.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
I remember in grade school going to the varsity if we went on field trips to Atlanta. I'm always amazed at the amount of food they put out.

JB0704

I Gots Goats
Lets just say it's "unique". I like the food although they are better burgers and dogs elsewhere. It's one of those iconic places that you always considered it a big deal to eat at if you went to an event in Atlanta.

This ^^^^^ is what I was trying to say.

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
you mean like cafe risque?

Iwannashoot

Pesident of the Fla Chaper Useless Billy club.
I have never eaten at a Z%$by's. Always wondered what they were like. Kinda more conflicted about trying one now that I read all this.

JB0704

I Gots Goats
YEsterday at the Varsity I ate a double cheeseburger (thanks MArk), two slaw dogs, and a large onion ring.

JB0704

I Gots Goats
You ain`t got to do that. Just stare hard at em and they`ll sense it. ;)

:) I've been watching your posts in the blue room. Keep wondering what those deer gotta do to convince you to kill em! You see more deer in one sit than I see in most seasons, and I have enjoyed following the posts.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
:) I've been watching your posts in the blue room. Keep wondering what those deer gotta do to convince you to kill em! You see more deer in one sit than I see in most seasons, and I have enjoyed following the posts.

I`m waiting on a sho-nuff big one. And there are some out there. Something 250 pounds +, with a rack to match.

JB0704

I Gots Goats
I`m waiting on a sho-nuff big one. And there are some out there. Something 250 pounds +, with a rack to match.

That one that's broadside has gotta top 200, at least.......he is huge, the other one looks a little younger but has a monster set of antlers on it's head. I could not have passed either, as both would be, easily, better than anything I've ever killed.

JB0704

I Gots Goats
One thing you have said that I can agree with is that it's easier to kill a deer than get a good pic of one. I always try to get video of the deer that get close to me so I can show it to my daughters later on..........and for some reason it's a lot more difficult that it seems to get a good video.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
That one that's broadside has gotta top 200, at least.......he is huge, the other one looks a little younger but has a monster set of antlers on it's head. I could not have passed either, as both would be, easily, better than anything I've ever killed.

Over the years, my buddy who owns this place has killed one that went close to 300, my son has killed 2 over 250, my Lady killed one 2 years ago that went close to 275, but my heaviest went 232. I want to kill one like that. I missed this one by a couple of hours last year, and he`s still around.hoss3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.