using a decoy on a quota hunt...

Why?
You can’t just make a statement like that and not back it up. It’s not like no one has ever done it. And I’m not going to be sitting next to it.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I say if you have one, put it out and see. I think it’d be fun to watch, but I’ve done some stupid stuff myself. If you are having fun and it’s legal, don’t sweat the haters…..just have fun!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
If I could figure out how to do it feasibly, I’d love to see for myself.…..from a ground blind of course! Don’t think for a second after seeing multiple bucks smashing into them on TV, the thought hasn’t crossed my mind :bounce:
I’d probably put an orange vest on one if I carried one out on public land…..maybe private too. I’ll certainly throw the conversation out there next week in Kentucky. Back here I am done til after that.

rugerfan

I have been thinking about using a decoy myself on some of the National Forest spots I hunt, however I am leery, and already carrying a stand, my gun, and back pack.

basshappy

BANNED
Yer gonna need a tracker dog to get your decoy back ... some poor shot placement is gonna send it runnin' away!

;)

Just be extra vigilant transporting it but especially setting it up and taking it apart. Light it up and blaze orange yourself!

Absolutely. I have a big camo decoy bag to transport it in and I've painted "DECOY" on each side in orange. This is going to be an INTERSTING quota hunt.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Doesn’t sound like anyone has ever done it. Give it a try and report back. May be the next big thing
Did it back years ago, but it was bow season and the rut was on. Had three rush in smash it, then run off before I could get on them. Had a few stand and stomp too far or in brush. Never tried it during rifle season