Video Hunts

FlipKing

I'm sure this has been beaten to death and I've been searching, just haven't come up with much. My friend has a GoPro2 that he's offered to let me borrow and I figure if I buy the handle bar mount I could mount it to my scope, unfortunately I've noticed how bad the distance limitations are on these cameras. None of the other small action camera's I've looked at have had good reviews either. I want some thing small enough that I can mount to my gun or hat, etc that I can see decently. I'm not looking for 1080p HD stuff, just see well enough to maybe 100 yards that I can see the deer I'm shooting at and the reaction after the shot. Any thoughts?

rip18

I'll bump it to the top, but I'm betting that the GoPro2 isn't going to be the camera for that...

FlipKing

I appreciate the offer Carolina, but I guess what I'm looking for doesn't exist, at least not cheaply. I want a camera small enough that it won't affect my hunting. I want a small GoPro sized camera that I can mount to the top of my scope and turn it on before my shot.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Have a look at these small Sony Action Cams.

Here is another one.

Replay

Here's a review of a few different action cams from last year.

Best POV Action Camera Shootout

Also, check youtube out for reviews/videos of action cams. There are tons of videos on there shot with these small cameras.

Just realize, you're not going to get much zoom from these type of small cameras. If zoom is important to you, you're better off getting a regular camcorder. Plus, you can find a pretty decent one for cheap, and you could (if you wanted to) mount it to your gun. Regular camcorders aren't much bigger than action cams, but they offer you a whole lot more features and zoom.

Good luck! :flag:

carolinagreenhead

I appreciate the offer Carolina, but I guess what I'm looking for doesn't exist, at least not cheaply. I want a camera small enough that it won't affect my hunting. I want a small GoPro sized camera that I can mount to the top of my scope and turn it on before my shot.

What I offered will fit that bill. A bit bigger than a GoPro. You will have zoom capability. Just throwing it out there.