War Hippies

Toliver

I just learned of this band a few minutes ago. Black Rifle Coffee Company featured video. I can't link it due to 1 unbleeped word but the 20 minute back story video is good. Other songs on YouTube or whatever those other music platform things are. Dead Man Walking and If I Make It Out Alive are two of my favorites so far.

sinclair1

Sorry, I won't watch anything put out by or sponsored by BRC, they've shown themselves to be hypocritical fakes, I wish more people knew the kind of folks they really were, especially their founder and Matt Best, then maybe they'd quit buying their coffee and merchanise
I hear this a lot. They are inside Palmetto State Armory for sale on the shelf?

transfixer

I hear this a lot. They are inside Palmetto State Armory for sale on the shelf?

They have publicly ridiculed and made fun of the very customers they target their marketing to sell to, flat out said they did not want maga types as customers, and many of their key employees although being former military are not supportive of the 2nd amendment, their founder Evan Hafer is a long time supporter of Democrats, they've also been investigated for improper financial dealings with some of their products, and sued by various vendors for non payment

They saw an opportunity to make money by selling to a segment of the population that valued patriotism, 2nd amendment freedom, and basically what most of us consider American values, when they didn't subscribe to those same values even though they were formerly in the military , they basically put on a front in order to make money

Toliver

I get it. But this was just a featured video of veterans making good. You can watch the band independently of the coffee company.

oldfella1962

I get it. But this was just a featured video of veterans making good. You can watch the band independently of the coffee company.
I only drink DUNKIN' (formerly known as Dunkin' Donuts) original blend medium roast whole bean coffee! :) Why is this, you ask?
Because that's the only brand & style of "whole bean" coffee that they carry at my nearest neighborhood Walmart. :huh:

That said Dunkin stores still make & sell donuts even though they dropped the "Donuts" from their name. I'm not an advertising expert, but what is the reasoning behind this? :unsure:

Toliver

I only drink DUNKIN' (formerly known as Dunkin' Donuts) original blend medium roast whole bean coffee! :) Why is this, you ask?
Because that's the only brand & style of "whole bean" coffee that they carry at my nearest neighborhood Walmart. :huh:

That said Dunkin stores still make & sell donuts even though they dropped the "Donuts" from their name. I'm not an advertising expert, but what is the reasoning behind this? :unsure:
They don't actually make the donuts in the chain stores. They're delivered.

Now you should go have coffee and a donut while checking out this band to see if you like them. BRCC is not mentioned in their origin video. At least I didn't notice if they were. Of course I didn't notice the baby bad word the first time either.

sinclair1

They have publicly ridiculed and made fun of the very customers they target their marketing to sell to, flat out said they did not want maga types as customers, and many of their key employees although being former military are not supportive of the 2nd amendment, their founder Evan Hafer is a long time supporter of Democrats, they've also been investigated for improper financial dealings with some of their products, and sued by various vendors for non payment

They saw an opportunity to make money by selling to a segment of the population that valued patriotism, 2nd amendment freedom, and basically what most of us consider American values, when they didn't subscribe to those same values even though they were formerly in the military , they basically put on a front in order to make money
Surprised it’s on the shelf at Palmetto.

transfixer

Surprised it’s on the shelf at Palmetto.

They're about making money too I suppose, and a lot of people still buy their stuff, I think its mostly the younger crowd, twenty somethings and early thirties that think BRCC's videos are funny or cool on the various platforms they're on ? they don't bother themselves with things like the 2nd amendment or politics, their lives revolve around social media and trying to be in the "cool kid" crowd

LonePine

Back on topic, the War Hippies are great dudes and they are opening for Travis Tritt at Cobb Energy Center in November. I've hung out with the band several times at a buddy's farm who lives in Nashville and can vouch they are solid individuals. Both are combat vets and donate a ton of time into Veteran's causes.

Toliver

Back on topic, the War Hippies are great dudes and they are opening for Travis Tritt at Cobb Energy Center in November. I've hung out with the band several times at a buddy's farm who lives in Nashville and can vouch they are solid individuals. Both are combat vets and donate a ton of time into Veteran's causes.
Thank you. Glad to hear someone verify they are what they were portrayed as in the video.

oldfella1962

They don't actually make the donuts in the chain stores. They're delivered.

Now you should go have coffee and a donut while checking out this band to see if you like them. BRCC is not mentioned in their origin video. At least I didn't notice if they were. Of course I didn't notice the baby bad word the first time either.
I checked them out - the band is pretty good! I have no idea what kind of politics or controversy surrounds the BRCC. They aren't really on my radar.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
They're about making money too I suppose, and a lot of people still buy their stuff, I think its mostly the younger crowd, twenty somethings and early thirties that think BRCC's videos are funny or cool on the various platforms they're on ? they don't bother themselves with things like the 2nd amendment or politics, their lives revolve around social media and trying to be in the "cool kid" crowd
And, some people's whole durn lives and relationships revolve around politics, they are woe is me 24/7, and have no room for nothing else in their lives, and that's pretty sad, to be honest.

sinclair1

And, some people's whole durn lives and relationships revolve around politics, they are woe is me 24/7, and have no room for nothing else in their lives, and that's pretty sad, to be honest.
I don’t believe it’s on too many radars. They have a spot front and center at Pametto State Armory. I go in their weekly shooting and buying guns. No one has ever said a word. Palmetto is 2A city in a retired military town.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, I won't watch anything put out by or sponsored by BRC, they've shown themselves to be hypocritical fakes, I wish more people knew the kind of folks they really were, especially their founder and Matt Best, then maybe they'd quit buying their coffee and merchanise
They both paid their dues to our country and therefore have a right to their opinions. I didn't. Did you?

transfixer

They both paid their dues to our country and therefore have a right to their opinions. I didn't. Did you?

my problem with them is they are phoney, pretending to be a certain way in order to sell their product, when in reality they are nothing like what they pretend to be !

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
my problem with them is they are phoney, pretending to be a certain way in order to sell their product, when in reality they are nothing like what they pretend to be !
They were both US military, SF. That isn't fake. They are exactly that, in reality. They earned the right to think whatever they want to. Name any business on earth, and it will fit your description.