War Hippies

Toliver

Terrible name though. :(
If you didn't watch the video, he said he was interviewed by a reporter and asked how he sees himself. His answer was that he kinda sees himself as a war hippie. The article came out and the moniker stuck with him. I really don't care one way or the other what they call themselves. I like their music.

transfixer

And, some people's whole durn lives and relationships revolve around politics, they are woe is me 24/7, and have no room for nothing else in their lives, and that's pretty sad, to be honest.

my life doesn't revolve around politics, but I will not give my hard earned money to people who work against, or make fun of the things I value in this country ,

and for the record, our country would be better off if more people devoted more time or interest to politics, instead of professional sports games, or even college sports games, they'll put tons of time and effort and money into their favorite sport, but not bother to do much research on who they vote for ? if they even vote ?

transfixer

They were both US military, SF. That isn't fake. They are exactly that, in reality. They earned the right to think whatever they want to. Name any business on earth, and it will fit your description.

never said they couldn't think what they want, but why do they feel the need to put on a fake personna to sell their product, when behind the scenes they make fun of and ridicule the very customers that buy their product ?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
my life doesn't revolve around politics, but I will not give my hard earned money to people who work against, or make fun of the things I value in this country ,

and for the record, our country would be better off if more people devoted more time or interest to politics, instead of professional sports games, or even college sports games, they'll put tons of time and effort and money into their favorite sport, but not bother to do much research on who they vote for ? if they even vote ?
Sports are stupid when taken too seriously. So is dwelling on politics 24/7 until you get to the point that the sky is falling 24/7. More people need to go fishing. We live in the best place on earth. 3/4 of the world's population would love to trade places with us.

transfixer

We live in the best place on earth.

We do , how much longer it continues to remain that way is yet to be seen , or maybe you aren't concerned about the thousands and thousands of single male illegal aliens that are here now from the mideastern countries and african countries ? granted you live in a sparsely populated area I suppose, so its unlikely anything would happen there , but even our own intelligence agencies are somewhat concerned now about terrorist sympathizers being in country

oldfella1962

If you didn't watch the video, he said he was interviewed by a reporter and asked how he sees himself. His answer was that he kinda sees himself as a war hippie. The article came out and the moniker stuck with him. I really don't care one way or the other what they call themselves. I like their music.
I just you tubed some of their song videos - I didn't watch the video with any interview. They are a talented band and I can understand what they are singing, which is a plus in my book.

oldfella1962

We do , how much longer it continues to remain that way is yet to be seen , or maybe you aren't concerned about the thousands and thousands of single male illegal aliens that are here now from the mideastern countries and african countries ? granted you live in a sparsely populated area I suppose, so its unlikely anything would happen there , but even our own intelligence agencies are somewhat concerned now about terrorist sympathizers being in country
Here's what I can't figure out: do any of the countries south of our border have any secure borders themselves? In other words, how are all the African & Middle Eastern people getting into Central America, South America & Mexico in the first place? :unsure: They obviously aren't native citizens of the countries to our south.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, it concerns me, and constitutes a problem that we will all be dealing with sooner or later. But it ain't the only thing I think about all day.

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
Thanks! Seems to be a great band. Going to give a good listening to.
And FYI...I drink BRC from time to time, got to support my fellow Vets. ;)

And Mat Best is a hoot. Gotta love some Veteran humor.

transfixer

Yes, it concerns me, and constitutes a problem that we will all be dealing with sooner or later. But it ain't the only thing I think about all day.

and neither do I , my family occupies my thoughts first and foremost, work is second, but the state of our country effects both, I have two grandchildren that I worry for their future, as I won't be here more than likely when they're grown, even if I am I doubt I could help them to the extent I can now,

I'd probably be better off not to worry about the direction of our country, which is controlled by politicians, as I'm sure it isn't good for my blood pressure , or my frame of mind ? lol

I've always had a problem not being able to keep my thoughts to myself, as many of the people I've worked for can attest to, just in my nature, when something isn't right, I'm going to say something, or do something , many times both ! :)

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, I have the exact same concerns and grandchildren that you do. And I hate seeing the direction our country is headed in. But, I also realize that there is absolutely nothing I can do about it except vote and contact my representatives. Other than that, I try to focus on the positives in my life instead of constantly worrying about the negatives.

LTZ25

I only drink DUNKIN' (formerly known as Dunkin' Donuts) original blend medium roast whole bean coffee! :) Why is this, you ask?
Because that's the only brand & style of "whole bean" coffee that they carry at my nearest neighborhood Walmart. :huh:

That said Dunkin stores still make & sell donuts even though they dropped the "Donuts" from their name. I'm not an advertising expert, but what is the reasoning behind this? :unsure:
I think they order their doughnuts from Amazon but I do like the Dunkin' coffee myself .