Warren County 2014-2015

deerhuntingdawg

I think it is going to be a slow season again on my property this year. There are Muscadines, persimmons and acorns everywhere. The ice storm made a mess of half of our property and most of the neighboring property as well.

Yeah, my neighbor who hunts by ya'll said the logging roads were a mess over there. We dodged a bullet and received mostly sleet from my house down to my club. About three miles south and beyond was a different story.

deerhuntingdawg

We have a couple of 3 1/2 year olds and one 4 1/2 yo buck(maybe older) on camera. Biggest one is only about 115". I know the big ones are around, just have to catch em on camera. We have a pile of 2 years olds too so the future looks good!!

Realtree Ga

Nice to see the thread already up and running. We had our work weekend two weeks ago and I'm headed down this weekend to see if any rain has started our seeds sprouting. I'm hoping we didn't plant way to early. :( So far we don't have many shooter buck prospects, just lots of does. At least there seems to be more deer in quantity, but I'm not sure it's in quality. We do appear to have more acorns this year than last on our North Warren Property.

JigNchunk

I was down working at our place at 5 points from Tuesday until today and no rain while I was there and didn't look like it had rained in over a week. Everyone watch out for Snakes! I had been cutting brush for an hour and got into my truck and backed up only to see a 5ft Timber rattler stretched out where my truck was parked. It was the first Rattler we have seen on this property in the 23 years that we have had it.

deerhuntingdawg

We're getting some good rain from Thomson back toward Warrenton today:cool:

Realtree Ga

I think there has been plenty of rain to have our food plots looking nice by next weekend. We aren't hunting the lease this weekend. I have apples falling here in N. Ga. and I'm afraid they will be gone if I don't hunt it this weekend. Hopefully next weekend Warren Co. will produce for me.

Big Buck Hunter

Looks like we are planting food plots this weekend. Waited till the temps started cooling off some and the ground wasn't so dry. Cant wait to get all the work done so I can start hunting.

Realtree Ga

Anyone hunt Warren this weekend? I will be heading down next weekend.

Warrenco

Went this morning. Was so muggy. Only sat until nine. Nothing but squirrels .. Plenty of tracks in the fresh mud

deerhuntingdawg

We're going to finish up our foodplots Wednesday then I'm having my first hunt of the year Saturday AM. I then have to head to Burke County to start on the food plots. Good times!!

Sarasota

We hunted this past opening weekend.
A Lot of rain! But had fun anyway! My
husband saw the tail of a deer, but no
One else saw anything. No surprise!

Todd E

Maybe the year will turn off good for you this go around, Sarasota.

We are not hunting in Warren this year. Gave it up to get back closer to home.