Washington / Texas (Playoff 2023)

Jetjockey

Look who the wind blew in through the back door boys! ^ :bounce:
I wish it blow this bourbon hangover away. . Two very good playoff games, and hopefully you UGA fans will now shut up about being in the playoff, as Bama’s two losses were to OOC teams, and UGA didn’t even win the SEC.

BTW. Since my wife is diehard UT fan, and actually went to school there, I was still smart enough to sleep on the couch last night… er. Maybe that’s where I put my last bourbon down.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I wish it blow this bourbon hangover away. . Two very good playoff games, and hopefully you UGA fans will now shut up about being in the playoff, as Bama’s two losses were to OOC teams, and UGA didn’t even win the SEC.

Well, most of us agreed we didn't belong because we lost the SECCG but as it turns out we were the ones that should have been in based on last night's game.

MudDucker

Staff member

BTW. Since my wife is diehard UT fan, and actually went to school there, I was still smart enough to sleep on the couch last night… er. Maybe that’s where I put my last bourbon down.

Boy, we missed you. Didn't have near enough dumb posts without you!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Jetjockey

Just think of it like this boys. The best team in the Big-10 just beat the best team in the SEC, and the best newcomer in the Big-10 just beat the best newcomer to the SEC, who also beat the best team in the SEC. With Ryan Grubb turning down Bama to stay at UW, it seems the SEC can’t even poach the best coaches anymore either. Hmmmmmm

alphachief

Yeah those two games were about as close as playoffs can be...one in OT, one down to the final 0:01 in the game where the team with possession could have won it in spectacular fashion.

I think the committee made some judgement calls, and it worked out.

Unfortunately for FSU, the committee probably got it right. It's unfortunate about Travis at season end, but in a rebuilding program the depth just wasn't there yet. We'll see if Norvell can change that.

Unfortunately for UGA, they lost the one game they could not afford to lose. I think they could have taken any of those teams yesterday, though we'll never really know. Saban is up 4-1 on Smart, let's hope that changes in the next season to the Dawgs advantage. UGA will have a tougher schedule next year...

Next Monday will be interesting to see if Washington's O can overcome Michigan's D. #1 playing #2.

Michigan is still picked in Vegas and has been for several months now...which I find interesting...they are 4.5 point favorites over UDub. Should be a good game.

Unfortunate for the SEC and ACC but the chips fell where they fell...the entire landscape would have been different if Travis had stayed healthy and the Dawgs had overcome the Tide.

But but but...
The FSU depth wasn’t there? Heck, we won the ACC championship with our 3rd string QB and our 2nd sting QB wasn’t given a chance to prove himself in the playoffs. We had plenty of depth everywhere else.

Tight Lines

The FSU depth wasn’t there? Heck, we won the ACC championship with our 3rd string QB and our 2nd sting QB wasn’t given a chance to prove himself in the playoffs. We had plenty of depth everywhere else.
Just my opinion. If the ACC championship game had been a blowout, maybe it would have been different. 13-0 is awesome, Norvell has done a good job rebuilding, and on the right track. Not trying to start a debate, just my opinion watching the games this past week.

MudDucker

Staff member
Just think of it like this boys. The best team in the Big-10 just beat the best team in the SEC, and the best newcomer in the Big-10 just beat the best newcomer to the SEC, who also beat the best team in the SEC. With Ryan Grubb turning down Bama to stay at UW, it seems the SEC can’t even poach the best coaches anymore either. Hmmmmmm

Yep, you don't dissapoint!

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
You won the ACC with a 3rd string qb cause the ACC is down right awful. And you know it. The team you beat for the ACC finished with 4 losses.. :rolleyes:

Latest posts