watch for snakes folks !!

gadeerwoman

It's that time of year when the snakes are moving again so watch yourselves in the woods the next month or so. I've seen several no-hips lately and went out to feed my dogs yesterday only to find my rottweiler dead in the pen. He had been bitten 3 times in the past by rattlers...always in the fatty tissue under his neck. Not sure if it was natural causes that got him (he was 10 years old) or whether he tangled with a fast rattler this time. Normally his pen mate, a rott-pit female kills the snake when it strikes him but if it was a rattler this time, she missed it. Watch where you put your feet and hands and if you have a youngster with you have them be extra careful as well. Snakes I've seen lately haven't been rattling in warning at all !

Goddard

I hate "no shoulders". I always wear my hot chaps until Mid November. Being hot beats the alternative.
Real sorry to hear about your dog.

GeauxLSU

Sorry to hear about your pet... :(

Heard a guy repeating some 2nd hand info from some herpitologist (I know it's spelled wrong whatever), that since the rattlers that RATTLE are being killed in roundups etc... that the 'silent' rattlers are surviving and or learning and there is a fear they are becoming silent, permanently. Not that their partners in crime aren't silent but just another reason to be extra careful. :eek: :shoot:
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

H

HT2

Sandra.......

ALWAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never quit lookin' for them dadgum critters...... :mad: :mad: :mad: