Webster 2013

Curtis

Heading down tomorrow, hope this cold front keeps them moving. Good luck Jam, Southernman, others.

jam

Still been slow at times, small bucks still trying to push the does. Have not seen the action that we all waiting on even though it is getting closer. This next week should answer some of the questions.

Curtis

Well I guess you can say it is on in our area of Webster. Saw several does and immature bucks over the weekend. More importantly, saw a nice 8pt working scrapes and cruising through - couldn't get a shot! On Sunday morning newest member of the club scored a 200# ten-point a day break. then to rub it in, he scored another 10pt last night! Two ten-point bucks in one day. I got a feeling he will rejoin the club next year! Almost all activity is still at first and last light, however.

That's awesome Curtis, cant say Ive had the luck your fellow member has... This past weekend I saw a spike and a small doe. My uncle saw an 8-pt with some does, but other than that we've been pretty slow. Hoping some Thanksgiving lovin brings the big boys out!

jam

Update

To be quite honest, I still have not visually seen what I was expecting to see this week. However, the weather really has been foul and nothing from the stand indicates that the rut is here. Scrapes are still being worked to a point and cameras indicate movement at night with chasing going on or at least does running to get away from really active small bucks. The bigger bucks are seen on cameras only at night. I had one daytime picture of a descent 8 pointer in the middle of the afternoon. History indicates 4 days on either side of the 18th, but I really think it is going to be at least next week before we hit the peak here at paradise. We all know it can tear lose in a matter hours so if you get a chance be in the woods! Just my 2 cents worth.

Curtis

It has been pretty active for us. A 9pt and a big 8 went down yesterday. Still it is happening in the "magic hour" every morning and evening. Out side of that not much activity, but dawn and dusk is does, small bucks, and shooters. The last couple of years our buck harvest has been down (only one or two a year) and all we were seeing was small baskets, 4pts, and 6pts - I guess some of them have grown up for this season. Heading down this weekend for a few days and see if I can get in on the action before the shooters are gone!

jam

I completed just over a month of R&R at paradise on Wednesday. Never saw what I was looking for while sitting on the stand, but from the cams it appears that we had some rutting going on opening weekend of gun season with the big boys active at night pushing the does around and the smaller ones being seen during the day doing the same. The peak never showed in the daylight hours, but again on the cams it showed from Nov. 17th to Nov. 19th at night. I attribute that to 2 things on our place, pressure and weather. I enjoyed every minute of what we got to experience while hoping for one of us to get the big boy. He managed to slip everyone of us so far, but the season is not over. He still may make a mistake! I did take a mature 7 point on Monday morning 12-2, he was out cruising and responded to a doe bleet in which I took him home with me. Weighed 200 pounds.

Attachments

• PICT0616.jpg
    PICT0616.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 228

jbandito

BUCKS are busting loose at our place off of 153....10am-1130 am every day on the cameras and just before dark

Curtis

Heading down this weekend for what is likely the last hunt of the year. Hope others had a good season. Our overall numbers were down (doe days) but our quality bucks was much higher than usual. Happy New Year.