Weed ID

davidhelmly

This isn’t garden or food plot related but I know there is lots of knowledge here. My wife has multiple potted plants in a big bay window and has discover that every one of the pots has the same weed growing in them, not sure what it is or where it came from and was hoping for some suggestions.

Here are 2 pictures of it larger after she pulled it out of a pot.

430A59D5-BDED-4162-B0B3-D17A9773DF35.jpegC3D6BE6A-83E1-4F9C-82F2-C436280DC22E.jpeg

Here are 2 pictures of it very small growing in a pot.

8DE68854-C22C-401B-AF9A-FEE53AB95E48.jpeg70547479-285F-41C2-8D8E-CF291F90470C.jpeg

across the river

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
That is what it apoears to be. It has apparently seeded, so I would report them in new potting soil. Get as much dirts as possible off especially near the surface to avoid transporting the seed to the new soil. You can pull and spray but you will have tocontiune untill are the seeds have sprouted, which is more work than replanting.
Thanks for the replies guys, the pics look exactly like it!
Actually the creeping charlie pics look absolutely nothing like it. If you notice, your weed has compound leaves, while the creeping charlie has single, simple leaves.

What you have there appears to be young seedlings of hairy bittercress, Cardamine hirsuta. As it grows, it will have little white flowers on it. It is a very common winter weed. https://extension.umd.edu/hgic/topics/hairy-bittercress

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

elfiii

Admin
Staff member