West Point Stripers

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
October through June is my preferred time. You can catch them in the heat of the summer, but it is much tougher. I can't say there is any best method. I'll do a dozen different things throughout the year depending on time of year.

They get targeted the most during the spawning run from March-May but they can be easier to catch in the dead of winter honestly.

tr21

October through June is my preferred time. You can catch them in the heat of the summer, but it is much tougher. I can't say there is any best method. I'll do a dozen different things throughout the year depending on time of year.

They get targeted the most during the spawning run from March-May but they can be easier to catch in the dead of winter honestly.
@Dustin Pate has the fall bass feeding frenzy started yet ? I'm hoping to get down there in the next few weeks for a day or 2 . I know they normally started about baseball playoff time !

Last edited:

JROESEL

this, I don’t know if anyone could help you more then pate, even the ones you have to pay ;)

tr21

I used to fish down there 150-200 days a year and like clock work you could bet they were putting on the feed bag about now. going to have to expedite my plans !!! thanks for the info (y)

jimboc

Thanks for the input. Been largemouth fishin for most of my 60 years. My son now lives near WP and I thought we’d give them stripes a shot. See y’all on the water!

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the input. Been largemouth fishin for most of my 60 years. My son now lives near WP and I thought we’d give them stripes a shot. See y’all on the water!

You are coming up on some of the best fishing of the year. Find the bait and you should find hybrids and stripers near. This is a great time to troll and cover water. Birds will be showing up soon and will help point you in the right direction.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
You are coming up on some of the best fishing of the year. Find the bait and you should find hybrids and stripers near. This is a great time to troll and cover water. Birds will be showing up soon and will help point you in the right direction.
I have done very, very little striper fishing and know pretty much nothing about it, but that is the most consistent plan I've tried so far- go out in the dead of winter and look for loons. See an active one, chunk a big white and chartreuse bucktail right up under it and hang on to your pole. It's a lot of fun for sure.

gma1320

I like a Useles Billy Thread
I always say I miss the best fishin of the year chasing whitetail.