What a great weekend! TBG 2016 State Shoot

Jake Allen

Gotta thank all of the help on Friday setting the targets, courses and registrations area. Also, thanks to everybody who participated in the Coon Shoot Friday evening. We hope you had a blast.

We had 122 registered shooters this year, and quite a few more who participated in one way or another.

Thanks to everyone who came to shoot with us. That means the world to us and you are the reason we host this event!

Thanks to the Boy Scouts and their leaders for cooking breakfast and lunch. They all camped, shot bows and had a good time.

Thanks Robert Carter for the Hunting Seminar, and thanks Todd and Dendy for the Eagle Eye competition.

Thanks to everyone who brought food, helped set up and take down, and participated in the Potluck supper Saturday evening, If you missed it, well, you missed it.
Good job Michelle with the coordination; thank you.
There was venison, wild hog, chicken, beef and pork, beans, peas, potatoes, stews, slaws, salads and breads, stuffed eggs and of course, desserts. Like I said, if you missed it, you missed it. :D

Great lesson and Devotion Sunday Morning Todd, thank you.

We had a fine final 20 target shoot and awards ceremony Sunday morning; congratulations to everybody.

Thank you for All the help with takedown, clean-up, trash haul-off, target logistics, and the help setting up, and re-packing Jim and Tommy’s store.

Thanks to BigJim’s Bow Company for being there.

A large thanks to our Landlord and hosts: The Rock Ranch; Great people and a great place.

Thanks to Tony Smith for all of the arrangements with, and through the Rock Ranch.

Thanks to all of our Officers who worked hard to make this event happen, and run smoothly.

Thanks to DD Quillian and his Mother for allowing us to hold this shoot in Memory of Dan Quillian.

The 2016 Edition and 6th Annual Dan Quillian Memorial State Shoot is in the books and was another Shining Event and Time for The Traditional Bowhunters of Georgia, for our members and all of the people who attended and enjoyed shooting , and enjoyed the fellowship and friendships, the strong families, and being outside in God’s wonderful creation. We are truly blessed.

As Dr. Bill Knight has said on different occasions, “There seems to be a special bond to those of us who like to do things the hard way”. So very true.

If you have any pictures you would like to post of this weekend, please feel free to post thiem in this thread!

Thank you once again. :clap:

awww, suppa!

Attachments

• plsupper (768x1024).jpg
    plsupper (768x1024).jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 482

Barry Duggan

Had a great time, which is not hard to do when you are amongst a bunch of fine folks you are comfortable being with. Thanks to all who made it happen, and kept me well fed and watered while I was there.

dm/wolfskin

Weather was perfect too. Some even got a little red on their skin. Enjoyable weekend. I think I want some more of the desert in the picture.

SELFBOW

We started the weekend Fri getting Big Jim setup
 photo IMG_20160318_164119397_zpsrvrecfvw.jpg

Fishing was next....
 photo IMG_20160321_102753_zpshksbezuu.jpg
 photo IMG_20160319_161758121_zpskgtcpawu.jpg
 photo IMG_20160320_110704942_zpsr5gmbxmz.jpg

Sat am I shot one round then a long break....

photo IMG_20160319_103132673_zpssjr11gm8.jpg

Mid day took my chances at the Elk even though Mikey was only 3" from the bullseye w his shot....
 photo 27733_zpsxpyemrdb.jpeg

Then RC gave a speech.
 photo IMG_20160319_143921452_zpsc7bor45q.jpg

Shot another round then more fishing til the cookout....

I shot my rounds w people I don't normally shoot with and Sun am was no different. D.D, Jeanine and Rusty. Rusty was in sixth place starting Sun round and I watched him shoot great and win the division!

photo IMG_20160321_102618_zpsoj7tzuqs.jpg

After awards it was time to get Big Jim packed up. Barry is doing his usual....
 photo IMG_20160320_143153940_HDR_zpsiyqcouz5.jpg
Then Donnie and I fished some more.
 photo IMG_20160321_102433_zpsn440axy4.jpg

I took this shot midday Sat and it was a spot I rode to several times just for the view.
 photo IMG_20160319_155621021_HDR_zpscz7amyks.jpg

Last edited:

charlie 2 arrow

I had a great time this weekend also , got to see old friends and make some new ones!
The food was great, the fishing was too, and the weather was perfect!
Congratulations to all the winners, and a big thank you to all the fine folks who make it all happen. Can't wait till next year! Hope to see you all in Appling!

Todd Cook

Well, another state shoot is in the books. And it truly was a good one . We were blessed with good weather. I want to thank all those that attended. I don't think anybody could have left unhappy. Nope, too much fun going on for that. Congrats to all the winners. There were a couple of amazing scores posted. And truly, some of those who didnt place still shot really well. Lots of talent around these parts. Thanks to all those that brought food, who stayed and helped us break camp and clean up. Good times for sure.

pine nut

Had wanted to come but just had too much on the plate. Glad everyone had a good time. Sigh! Maybe next year!

2wheelfoster

Thank you to everyone who helps put the shoot together! I had a great time as always seeing everyone! Thanks again!

sawtooth

It was great all the way around. I don't know of a better group of people anywhere. I'm glad I can call you all friends. My attendance was limited to Saturday but I enjoyed every second of it. Thank you to everybody who put in so much hard work to make it possible. I got to shoot again with somebody that I've looked up to for a long time. I was tired as a dog on the drive home but it was well worth it.

dpoole

Great job by the folks that make this happen !!!!!! All this dont just happen by chance. The people that give of their time to make it go off THANKS> and these folks can ALWAYS use YOUR help..so please volunteer some time Tony has multiple events at the Rock Ranch each year and he needs help at each and every one of them, so get in touch with Tony Smith and help him, That is why we get to enjoy this Awesome piece of property.

GermanDogs

this was my frist shoot.
have a great time look forward to next year

AllAmerican

State Shoot DQ 2016

I attended later on Sunday due to some important weekend errands. I wanted to thank TBG for hosting another great event. Its been a full year for me with making my rounds. I was able to bring along my brother (drove 6.5 hrs from Christinsburg, VA) to his first Trad Shoot. Well the pics say enough he was ear to ear with smiles. I think we have a new convert! Let's see how many bows he buys.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 287

AllAmerican

Here he is smiling again, he really had a good time thanks TBG, the Rock, and Big Jim for some highly valued arrow advice!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 305

AllAmerican

Apparently this old house wasn't foam

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 289