What are your thoughts on John 14:3?

Artfuldodger

John 14:3
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
does He come again each time a Christian dies?

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
me either.

so, If he doesn't come back with each and every Christian's death, it must mean something else.

Sounds a lot like 1 Thess, 1 and following...

For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air.

gordon 2

Do we have a room now? Jesus takes individuals to himself now?

I sort of read( understood) that this is another way of saying:

"Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them."

or

"And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever—"

Perhaps the place prepared is the place that man occupies with the Holy Spirit sent down from Pentecost and on to us now? It seems obvious that Jesus and the Father are present with the saints, for the Holy Spirit sent so "that where I am you will be also."

God now shares his spiritual place with us. It was prepared through the ministry of Jesus Son that this is so. We are as prophets but much more than prophets we share in the all encompassing will of God and so where God is we are also.

Just a thought.

Jesus is saying or communicating this to individuals who have not yet received the Comforter. They are followers, sent able to do miraculous things, yet unable to know many things whereby they will do more, and are not of free will to do God's will as they will be when" taken to myself".

They are sent to minister as followers. Latter they will be friends having no need of being sent. They will go, for being born again and of a new nature. The gospel will go from a gospel of the Kingdom to the gospel we now know. In these Jesus is and ministers, because God has "taken" the saint to himself, so that where they are He is also.

"Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son."

Billy Graham's gospel was not the Gospel of the Kingdom, Billy Graham's gospel was that for the cross all could be redeemed. " You can say yes to Jesus. He will come into your heart. He will forgive your sins. You can have a transformation. Right now."

Last edited: