What is it about UF?

HorseCreekHunter

Florida fans took on the swagger and cockiness that Coach Spurrier displayed. His teams did also and with great success. What fans wouldn't back up their coach? And honestly, it's kind of fun to be so hated and still keep winning for the most part. That being said, what CMR did this year in Jax was just what UGA has been needing. When he sent the team out, the whole season changed. UGA had swagger after that. And every UGA fan loved it and backed him, as they should. But if you think about it, that was very Spurrierish. I have grown up going to Jax yearly and pasting UGA. My dad always reminded me he grew up on the other end of it. I think we are back even again and I like it. It should be crazy this year in Jax. I can see 1 vs. 2. Go Gators.

bullgator

here are some of the reasons the uf and uga animosity still exists among those of us who remember it. http://florida.scout.com/2/457655.html
i am not old enough to remember some of the earlier stuff that went on but i remember all the stuff that went on in the 80's and early 90's.
the older i get the more i choose to live in the present. hate is a heavy burden to carry and i choose not to carry it. many of my friends and family are UF,FSU and UGA alumni or fans. to say i hate them or their team is a ridiculous concept to me personally. i do like to remind them when the gators smack their butts and they do likewise :bounce:
i love the rivalries and look forward to every season. i like to poke, jab and talk a little smack but i can guarantee it is all in good fun.:cheers:
i am not sure why so many proclaim their hatred for the gators. you have to admit that UF has an elite athletic program right now. maybe that is the reason?:huh:
most gators are smart enough to know that all programs go through peaks and valleys. i would like to ride this peak for a while :biggrin2: but i also keep in the back of my head that there will always be a valley to cross eventually. being mean and nasty to other fans will only make them rub it in even more when they get the upper hand. ;)
go Gators!

:flag: Well said buddy!!!

MCBUCK

Yes...it was a cut and paste. But it did require some searches to find the exact wording:bounce: I only posted that to be subjective about why SS has such a disdain for all things Dawg, and why soo many UGA fans have the same contempt for the *******s.

Surprisingly enough though, I don't hate UF. I just don't like em. I did hate UF when Dark Visor was there, and again oddly i liked Danny Wuerffel ( sp) he as great character, and is a fine Christian man. I like Emmit Smith too ! Weird I guess.

I said in another thread that UGA rivals are quite often regional within the state. More people in my part ( North Ga ) really hate the Vowels ( UT) Southe Georgia...UF, Atlanta area, Athens and the middle of the state it is all about NATS....I guess Auburn isn't really hated so much but that game is more like fighting with your brother. But I don't like Auburn too much either.
Here is my list :

#1.....UT
#2.....UF
#3.....GT
#4.....AU

Some years that can change some AND you could swap 3 & 4 at any given time.

SuperSport

South Georgia Dawg...your one point about the Home and home not being realistic because of the thought of UF fans invading Athens and UGA fans invading Gainesville would be un-wise is probably partially true...
However how fun would it be!!!? I love going to J-ville for the game, but as a Gator fan I'd love going to Athens and being in town for the big game...if that happened i think you would see it become the nations biggest rivalry without a doubt.

I would like to play in Gainesville and then in Athens!
As A Dawg Fan I Think That Would Be Fun, to whoop them in the swamp! :bounce:

HorseCreekHunter

I still have some "hedge" in my office I snagged on the way out. Priceless.

MCBUCK

If you were to ask CMR about the Jacksonville site as a newutral site he would basically tell yo like it is......I heard him say something to the effect that may be the Georgia Dome would be just as neutral a site as Jacksonville, and that maybe we should have a "neutral-neutral" series, rotating between Atlanta and Jacksonville.
How would you Florida boys feel about that ?