What Is True?

welderguy

For right now I would be content to focus on the method of gathering information from revelation ("revelation" that I cited). What does it look, sound, feel, smell, taste like? If it's sensed with some other method, what is that method and how is it revealed? What organ senses and deciphers revelation?

hint:
not an organ but the spirit.

Tell me everything you know about the spirit.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
If you don't debate God then you can't play in the "Prove What You Believe" sandbox.
There is nothing that mandates I do so, especially on an internet forum.

You guys are constantly challenging everyone else's belief in order to validate your own, as if by trying to convince us it helps you to believe in yours a little bit more.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety

You guys are constantly challenging everyone else's belief in order to validate your own, as if by trying to convince us it helps you to believe in yours a little bit more.

Isnt that why everyone participates in forums that interest them?
I come here because very few forums have an AAA section.
I like to discuss things with like minded individuals and also want to hear something that can change my thoughts by others. The constant challenge to my thoughts is worth it.

I know you participate in the political forum and correct me if I am wrong but you are not the middle of the road guy in there.
Just so happens that in that forum I agree with dang near everything you say.
But , there are a few guys in there that you do not show any mercy to. Why?

Id guess same reasons we are in here.

ambush80

You're right. Talk about bass fishing. Start a thread in here about Springtime crappie action on light tackle or baby back ribs on the Big Green Egg. Maybe it won't get moved.

I'm actually dying for someone to come along and blow my mind. You have a very narrow view of what people want out of these conversations. Try to be more positive.

ambush80

hint:
not an organ but the spirit.

Tell me everything you know about the spirit.

It's a concept that has it's origins in animism. It posits that there's an "essence", "energy", incorporeal element of living things that's immeasurable, invisible, incomprehensible and eternal. Sometimes it's believed that it retains our personality and consciousness after physical death and is sent to another dimension. Others believe that it's a part of a greater whole that returns to its origin and reintegrates, shedding all parts of its prior existence.

I personally feel that if we gain the ability to transport our physical matter from one place to another like in Star Trek that the spirit might not get sent along with.

Your turn.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
You're right. Talk about bass fishing. Start a thread in here about Springtime crappie action on light tackle or baby back ribs on the Big Green Egg. Maybe it won't get moved.

I'm actually dying for someone to come along and blow my mind. You have a very narrow view of what people want out of these conversations. Try to be more positive.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
But , there are a few guys in there that you do not show any mercy to. Why?

Id guess same reasons we are in here.

If it is an intelligent post with a valid basis I have no problem with any of them. If they are simply there to antagonize and troll then the get what they give.

As a side note, I was one of the very few that lobbied hard for an AAA forum on this site back in the day because I was fed up with the narrow "unChristian" manner in which folks over in the Self-Righteous forum treated ya'll. Anyone can bludgeon someone with a bible or scripture, but it does nothing towards proving their stance. Just as anyone can bludgeon someone with science, but just as NASA recently revealed, science is ever evolving and some of the age old hard cold truths are seeming maybe not so true after all.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
If it is an intelligent post with a valid basis I have no problem with any of them. If they are simply there to antagonize and troll then the get what they give.
I'll give an Amen to that!

As a side note, I was one of the very few that lobbied hard for an AAA forum on this site back in the day because I was fed up with the narrow "unChristian" manner in which folks over in the Self-Righteous forum treated ya'll. Anyone can bludgeon someone with a bible or scripture, but it does nothing towards proving their stance. Just as anyone can bludgeon someone with science, but just as NASA recently revealed, science is ever evolving and some of the age old hard cold truths are seeming maybe not so true after all.

:cheers: to that all the way around.

I go with the the best available evidence as being the most accurate for right now. The door is always open for that to change but when it does the evidence supports it.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
I'll give an Amen to that!

:cheers: to that all the way around.

I go with the the best available evidence as being the most accurate for right now. The door is always open for that to change but when it does the evidence supports it.
And I have no problem with you believing that way if it is what you are comfortable with. Each man (not gender specific) is a product of their environment and life experiences. :cheers:

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
And I have no problem with you believing that way if it is what you are comfortable with. Each man (not gender specific) is a product of their environment and life experiences. :cheers:
Agreed.
We only argue what we think we know is best.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
There is room for common ground on all fronts, it's just a matter if people are willing to sit at that table and share a beer over friendly discussion and with acceptance of each others walk.

Yuengling Brewery is about 15 miles from me if you are ever up this way.

welderguy

It's a concept that has it's origins in animism. It posits that there's an "essence", "energy", incorporeal element of living things that's immeasurable, invisible, incomprehensible and eternal. Sometimes it's believed that it retains our personality and consciousness after physical death and is sent to another dimension. Others believe that it's a part of a greater whole that returns to its origin and reintegrates, shedding all parts of its prior existence.

Your turn.

When you made this statement:

"I personally feel that if we gain the ability to transport our physical matter from one place to another like in Star Trek that the spirit might not get sent along with."

Are you saying you do believe in the existence of a spirit realm, or just being facetious? Hard to tell sometimes.

ambush80

That's the good part that I like to hear about. I'm interested in how people got to where they are.

ambush80

When you made this statement:

"I personally feel that if we gain the ability to transport our physical matter from one place to another like in Star Trek that the spirit might not get sent along with."

Are you saying you do believe in the existence of a spirit realm, or just being facetious? Hard to tell sometimes.

I was making a joke in order to show how talking about transporters is the same as talking about spirits.

Tell me what you know about spirits and how you know it.

Last edited:

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
I was making a joke in order to show how talking about transporters is the same as talking about spirits.

Tell me what you know about spirits and how you know it.

Why does it have to be a "physical" transportation?

To wit, what about the metaphysical? You know, those sensory perception most wild animals have that have been bred out of humans over the generations due to lack of use. That time you're out hunting and your glial cells activate your neurons to let you know something is out of place, something besides yourself is present, something isn't right, something that raises your red flag of self preservation.

Not claiming this is a spiritual element, but our brains are much more capable than we give them credit for. I believe we are just too stinking cranial in our quest to be in control of every thought process that runs through our brain. Instinct, sans the sight, smell and sound" is a part of our make up.

How in the world do we explain those perceptive moments where none of those basic three senses are responsible for alerting us to something being out of place? Anyone who has spent enough time in the great outdoors is familiar with this phenomenon.

ambush80

To wit, what about the metaphysical? You know, those sensory perception most wild animals have that have been bred out of humans over the generations due to lack of use. That time you're out hunting and your glial cells activate your neurons to let you know something is out of place, something besides yourself is present, something isn't right, something that raises your red flag of self preservation.

Not claiming this is a spiritual element, but our brains are much more capable than we give them credit for. I believe we are just too stinking cranial in our quest to be in control of every thought process that runs through our brain. Instinct, sans the sight, smell and sound" is a part of our make up.

How in the world do we explain those perceptive moments where none of those basic three senses are responsible for alerting us to something being out of place? Anyone who has spent enough time in the great outdoors is familiar with this phenomenon.

Yes. We register quite alot subconscious information. Some of it can be demonstrated by doing experiments. See "Derren Brown". He prompts the subconscious of his subjects to create some very cool tricks. Sometimes we get a "Someone is watching me " feeling. Part of what might cause that is that we don't realize how much of our peripheral vision we are using. If there's unknown forces at work then we just have to call them unknown for now. There's no reason to chalk them up to anything Mystical.

ambush80

The transporter question is interesting because it kind of begs the question of "What is the relationship of our 'meat' to our consciousness"?

red neck richie

Belief is a product of the mind. Equally as unreliable.

Bullet I have asked this before. Do you believe in love? do you believe in hate ? How do they exist when you only feel them? You do not believe feeling is true when I know being Human you experience these feelings. Is our spirit lying to us?