What is your favorite brim fly?

crackerdave

By brim,I mean bluegills,shellcrackers,redbellies,etc.
Mine is one I get from Basspro called Dave's Hopper,a good grasshopper copy.Fairly durable fly.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
BoogleBug Popper Sunrise colored

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
My favorite way to catch bream is on a popper or floating spider. I tend to catch more big ones on streamers, though.

OwlRNothing

Zazzy Pops

Production got to be too expensive vs. selling price when the recession hit and everyone decided they didn't want a bullet-proof 2-part epoxy popper in brilliant patterns never before seen on planet earth... so the guy stopped making 'em.

I know this, b/c that guy was me. lol

Attachments

• zazzypoppers.JPG
    zazzypoppers.JPG
    144.8 KB · Views: 68

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Zazzy Pops

Production got to be too expensive vs. selling price when the recession hit and everyone decided they didn't want a bullet-proof 2-part epoxy popper in brilliant patterns never before seen on planet earth... so the guy stopped making 'em.

I know this, b/c that guy was me. lol
Man, those look impressive! I'd hate to snag one of those in a tree limb 30 feet up after that amount of work.

OwlRNothing

Man, those look impressive! I'd hate to snag one of those in a tree limb 30 feet up after that amount of work.
Thank you. They were all hand painted and took about 3 hours to make each one, all total with the epoxy drying time ( on spinning wheel things ). I had one store in Augusta that wanted to carry them, but they wanted me to sell them at $3.50.
I had about $4 in them just materials. It just wasn't a good long term plan as far as sales, but you could literally slam them as hard as you wanted onto the driveway and that epoxy wouldn't crack. Ya might have been able to shoot one out of a tree!? :) LOL

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you. They were all hand painted and took about 3 hours to make each one, all total with the epoxy drying time ( on spinning wheel things ). I had one store in Augusta that wanted to carry them, but they wanted me to sell them at $3.50.
I had about $4 in them just materials. It just wasn't a good long term plan as far as sales, but you could literally slam them as hard as you wanted onto the driveway and that epoxy wouldn't crack. Ya might have been able to shoot one out of a tree!? :) LOL
I want one that looks like a chicken on a bicycle. :bounce:

Concrete Pete

Clouser Minnow in white or white and grey.

It’s the only fly I’ve fly fished for anything like a bream with, but it works and it’s a lot of fun.