what is your routine to stay as scent free as possible

one hogman

What about this " Nose Jammer" spray junk they push on some of the outdoor channels? Any of yall use it or is it just another "Gimmick"??

Otisman

Started smoking my hunting clothes and gear last season and will never go back to other methods of “scent control”. When deer got downwind of me they did not spook or bust me. Some would be on alert, head up, licking nose and then would calm down. Others never reacted at all. Saw more deer last season than I have in many years and only got blown at once.... for movement.

one hogman

Started smoking my hunting clothes and gear last season and will never go back to other methods of “scent control”. When deer got downwind of me they did not spook or bust me. Some would be on alert, head up, licking nose and then would calm down. Others never reacted at all. Saw more deer last season than I have in many years and only got blown at once.... for movement.
What did you do exactly?? campfire smoke?

MYRX

I use nothing. Been hunting since 1974. Used to smoke in the stand also. No doubt some nice bucks may have winded me over the years, but I still have an impressive trophy room, just saying. I try to use the wind and I hunt high. I also bow hunt although the older I get this is more challenging because I don't like the heat anymore.

Ugahunter2013

Yall think wayyyy too much into scent and these gimmicks. Hunt the wind. Try to keep your clothes away from your wifes perfume and dont wipe your hands on your shirt after eating a greasy biscut from the gas station on your way to hunt.

7Mag Hunter

scent free soap for clothes and final rinse with baking soda....Scent
free soap for body and hair, and 30 days before hunting season i
start drinking water with liquid Chlorophyll.....Chlorophyl decreases sweat odor as well as bathroom odors...Snake boots or rubber boots stored in separate tote and only worn on hunts...
I don't use any spray scent killer during hunts, i just use the wind...

rbsharp

In south ga , I'm usually sweating most of the season ,I have to use wind and it is free , but I have use evercalm ,seen to help some if the wind changes,check out this doe getting a nose full

Attachments

• IMG_0073.JPG
    IMG_0073.JPG
    608.3 KB · Views: 20

G5BONECRUSHER

Scent free everything, clothes wash, soap, shampoo, deodorant, sealed ziploc bags and plastic tubs for clothes, some scent reduction clothing, mostly silver, some carbon. Brush, floss my teeth, and use mouthwash. Ozone in my truck. Dedicated rubber boots, Scentaway Spray, Hunt the wind as best I can, and hunt high (over 16' prefferably over 20'). I love nose jammer!!!
My must use and best thing I have ever found to controll body odor is NULLO Chlorophyll pills.

Last edited:

G5BONECRUSHER

What about this " Nose Jammer" spray junk they push on some of the outdoor channels? Any of yall use it or is it just another "Gimmick"??
I have had mature does down wind of me and follow my boot tracks that were sprayed with NJ back to my stand and never and never spook.

Buckstop

Many seasons ago tried wiping my boots down with turpintine on several hunts just prior to walking in. Swore by it for bit. Had several walking my trail in that never spooked. Not exactly scent free but pine concentrated.