That One Backpack Item

Back40hunter

I keep a compass in my pack. I’ve used gps and I have OnX on my phone, but my compass battery NEVER dies. It’s a great backup when all the technology fails.

slow motion

I really don't understand the obsession over toilet paper on here. Must be an epidemic of spastic diarrhea or dysentery in GA? I go to the bathroom before I go out to hunt. On the rare occasion nature calls, there are leaves a foot deep on the ground and growing on the bushes. I wonder how people survived several hundred thousand years without Charmin? :)
:rofl:Dang brother you're harsh. Chastising folks for carrying TP. I'll make sure to never show you what I carry. Definitely all necessities :rolleyes: :p I do however keep 1 or 2 ratchet straps. I hunt mostly ladders and never know when you might need a new strap from age or squirrels. Course Pop's big ole thermos is in for most morning hunts too. Often times my Bible. And a late morning biscuit. And water. And and and etc. Started hunting I had a knife on my belt. A weapon. And that was all. Then a climber. Then came cargo pants. And with all those pockets came so many possibilities. Now my pack. The obsession continues.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
:rofl:Dang brother you're harsh. Chastising folks for carrying TP. I'll make sure to never show you what I carry. Definitely all necessities :rolleyes: :p I do however keep 1 or 2 ratchet straps. I hunt mostly ladders and never know when you might need a new strap from age or squirrels. Course Pop's big ole thermos is in for most morning hunts too. Often times my Bible. And a late morning biscuit. And water. And and and etc. Started hunting I had a knife on my belt. A weapon. And that was all. Then a climber. Then came cargo pants. And with all those pockets came so many possibilities. Now my pack. The obsession continues.
Not chastising people for carrying TP, just don't understand why it is the #1 priority over food, water, knives, and other necessities. TP is a luxury item to me. And I don't need it fifteen times a day. :) I'm mostly just ::ke: for fun.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I keep wipes and tp w/me, but I carry way too much stuff anyway. And I always take care of my business before I leave he house!

Mackie889

I keep wipes and tp w/me, but I carry way too much stuff anyway. And I always take care of my business before I leave he house!
I “percolate” and have to go #2 before pretty much every morning hunt. I still bring a zip loc sandwich bag w folded TP. Once in a blue moon I use it the way it is intended, but usually end up using it to mark a blood trail. My folded up paper license goes in the same pouch. Takes up little to no room and doesn’t weigh much at all, so it definitely gets packed for every hunt

Seminole Wind

I wear a waist pack while hunting with all of the usual handy items, but one small pocket is reserved for various trinkets that have absolutely no use, but remind me of past hunts. They aren’t exactly good luck charms, but reminders of my time in the woods. A small arrowhead from an ancient hunter, an unusual rock with a backstory, a marble that some kid lost deep in the woods, bullets retrieved from good bucks, an old buckeye from the first property I hunted. They weigh mere ounces but represent a ton of memories.

divinginn

The #1, utmost, critical item is striking paper, TP, Charmin, whatever you wish to call it.

Striking Paper = grab the roll and strike out looking for an acceptable spot to answer nature's call.
It also works for marking a blood trail.