What is your SOS...

GA_Longhorn

In the event you should have an accident while you are hunting, how would you contact someone for help.

Does everyone have an established "distress call"? I know cells phones don't always work at the hunt club, so what do you do?

We all hope this never happens, but one never knows and must always have a plan.

LJay

Retired Mod
sos

Well, I used to shoot 3 times. Then last year my friends didn't come for hours. When they found me, I asked them what took so long. They asked me if I had shot 3 times. I told them yeah! They asked why I hadn't shot 3 more times.

Well I says, I wuz outta arrows. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hawg

Banned
I would try and call someone.
Then if that didnt work I would try and shoot, scream whatever it took to get someones attention.
Hope that never happens.

huntfish

Three shots is OK but with today's marksmanship, they might just be trying to harvest an animal. :crazy: Heck, if I have a problem: (1) I'm attached to my harness hanging in a tree and the gun is on the ground; (2) I'm out cold; or (3) I'm dead. In each situation, I can't fire my gun.

For me, I let folks know when to expect me out of the woods and where I plan on hunting. If I don't come out, come get me.

GA_Longhorn

I usually carry my cell phone and a police whistle. If one doesn't work, the other will.

Woodsong

we should all carry a whistle on us at all times. you will yell yourself horse in no time flat and the sound doesn't carry far in the woods. I whistle can be heard a much farther distance and isn't so tiring as yelling.

Harvester

huntfish said:
For me, I let folks know when to expect me out of the woods and where I plan on hunting. If I don't come out, come get me.
Thats it for me, We got a cell now that i've been taking to the lake and river and i keep forgetting that we got it and will try to start taking it now. Thanks

Just 1 More

I hunt alone and no one knows the property that i'm on.. Maybe Tampaspicer and 1 other.. but they would be 6 hours away :eek:
Wouldn't make a whole lot of difference if I let anybody know where I was or not

GA_Longhorn

Just 1 More said:
I hunt alone and no one knows the property that i'm on.. Maybe Tampaspicer and 1 other.. but they would be 6 hours away :eek:
Wouldn't make a whole lot of difference if I let anybody know where I was or not

For the piece of mind of all concerned, let your "buds" know when you will be out and when to expect you back home. They should have some indication that, if you don't check in by a ceriain time, to start looking for you.

Al33

Hash on toast. :p

Seriously, I just recently gave my daughter a list of numbers to call in the event she does not hear from me after my morning and evening hunts. She is to first try to contact me on my cell if I have not already called her first. I have set this up because I usually hunt alone. She has our club president's #, the county warden's nmber, and a local neighbor's number.

Beehaw

Our club contains the highest point in the county, so naturally we have a cell tower on the land. This provides good reception everywhere.

We also use a pin board, and the next to the last person out never leaves until the last person out has returned to the cabin.

I also let my wife know where I am and when I should be home.

Georgiaastro

LJay said:
Well, I used to shoot 3 times. Then last year my friends didn't come for hours. When they found me, I asked them what took so long. They asked me if I had shot 3 times. I told them yeah! They asked why I hadn't shot 3 more times.

Well I says, I wuz outta arrows. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
That just ain't right LJay :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: