what kind of dog do you think she is?

Woodsong

Hi All,
2 years ago my wife and the kids went to the store to go shopping for food. Store next door had a dog rescue group out front and they ended up coming home not just with food but with a dog. :) Luckily she is cute enough that I did not send her back and she is a great, great dog. She is amazingly smart and truly the best behaved dog I've ever had. We can let her outside in the yard with no fence or training whatsoever and she will go around 100 yards, mull around our yard, and never runs off and will just lay in the sun. :) We got her when she was pretty young but she never once chewed anything up at the house- just a great dog.
But, we are trying to figure out what she is. When she was a puppy when we got her the rescue group was here in Woodstock but was from Jasper. They told my wife she was an australian cattle dog but that sure as heck isn't right from what we can tell. She seems to have a lot of bird dog in her. Attached are some pictures. We are curious if anyone has a good guess on what she is.

Attachments

• daisy 1.jpg
    daisy 1.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 1,050
  • Daisy 2.jpg
    Daisy 2.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 1,071
  • Daisy 3.jpg
    Daisy 3.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 1,067
  • Daisy 4.jpg
    Daisy 4.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 1,061

jameson

in tinking lab,healer mix, or i agree with the above post of gsp because of the spotted body

bamaboy

Looks like some lab in the mix...the rest is just a guess who?

SonyaS

For around $60 bucks you can get a mail order breed dna test done. I hear they are pretty accurate. She isn't extremely mixed, if she were Heinz 57 she wouldn't have the white coat with ticking.

Woodsong

Thanks guys- I somehow missed all these replies til now. You know- I could see some lab too as you all mentioned. We've talked about getting a DNA test but haven't done so. Wish I could take her hunting. While she, at least to me, looks like a great hunting dog, reality is that 1) She doesn't like to run very far or for very long, 2) she is absolutely gunshy and can't stand the sound of a gun, 3) She really just wants to lay around in the yard sunning her self and napping. :)
She's great though- sweet with the kids and so well behaved.

Thanks for the thoughts and insight.

Bkeepr

I think she is a heeler mix, maybe with Lab. she has a Bentley mark on her forehead plus the ticking equals heeler. does she have any herding instinct?