What Was Your Favorite Soft Drink Growing Up

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Growing up in Ohio and Pennsylvania we called soft drinks "pop." In Cleveland we bought a local pop called " Little Tom." My favorite chocolate syrup to put in milk was Bosco. One of my favorite places to go when I was a kid was an A&W root beer stand for a root beer float.

The actual original coca-cola had cocaine in it. They finally removed it in 1929 from what I've read. My father told me his father was "hooked" on Coca-Cola, drinking several a day. He died in 1934 at age 55.

Around here, all soft drinks are cokes or co-colers. Some of the older folks when I was a kid called them sody waters or sody dopes, or just dopes. I think that might have originated with the cocaine in the original Coke formula.

35 Whelen

Around here, all soft drinks are cokes or co-colers. Some of the older folks when I was a kid called them sody waters or sody dopes, or just dopes. I think that might have originated with the cocaine in the original Coke formula.

When I first moved to Georgia in 1974 I overheard a coworker ask another if he wanted a "coke," the answer was "yes," then he asked "what flavor?" the answer was "orange." I was truly puzzled, as I didn't know Coca-Cola came in orange flavor! It wasn't long before I figured out that "pop" was now "coke."

HermanMerman

A coke with peanuts was a staple of mine.

Wifeshusband

Had no intention of resurrecting my own thread, but GON paid a special tribute with an article on Art Rilling this month. Art was an officer and a gentleman who ran the Stone Mt. Game Ranch and then the Yellow River Game Ranch. He was the kind of guy you wished you had a chance to meet. Here he is with Fuzzy the bear, who liked to drink Pepsi out of a tin can.art-riling-fuzzy-bear.jpg

Latest posts