How Long?

Redbow

How long has it been since you have had an RC cola and a Moon Pie? How about a small pack of salted peanuts in the soft drink of your choice? Or a pack of Toast-Chee nabs and a soft drink. How about a Mary Jane piece of candy, or a Bit-O-Honey, or even a Pay Day candy bar.

Actually its been a while for me since I have had a good ole double decker Moon Pie and a Pepsi-Cola, or peanuts in my Pepsi. I used to love a Power House candy bar, a Baby Ruth, Butterfinger or a Big Time candy bar. Big Time candy bars are not made anymore, neither is the Power House bar of candy. I used to also love a Mars bar but I think they quit making them also I don't see them anymore.

My Stepdad had a pack of Toast-Chee nabs just about every morning of his life along with his favorite soda Pop which was a Pepsi-Cola. A Pepsi was also my Granddad's favorite drink, and mine also. I have often wondered just how many packs of Toast-Chee nabs my Stepdad ate during his lifetime.

When we worked in tobacco many decades ago about 9am the farmer we were working for would get up a list of what everyone wanted for the morning break. Most everyone chose the Toast-Chee nabs or a Moon Pie or oatmeal cookie along with their favorite soft drink. The good ole days are long gone for me and many of the things I used to enjoy many years ago do not taste like they did when I was a kid. Maybe my taste has changed over the decades, everything else in this life surely has.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
How long has it been since you have had an RC cola and a Moon Pie? How about a small pack of salted peanuts in the soft drink of your choice? Or a pack of Toast-Chee nabs and a soft drink. How about a Mary Jane piece of candy, or a Bit-O-Honey, or even a Pay Day candy bar.
With exception to the Mary Jane candy and Bit-O-Honey (hate those..stick to my teeth) I'd say last week on the rest... they're all in my go to snack rewards when I go to the grocery store. Prob. have them today.

bullgator

Pay Day bars are still around and I grab one on occasion. I can’t hardly go into a Tractor Supply without a 4pack of Mallo Cups being part of the purchase. I’ve liked them since I was old enough to eat solid foods.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Still love them all! Toast Chee nabs almost everyday at work for breakfast. Payday is still my favorite candy bar. Haven't had an RC in a LONG time.

specialk

Actually its been a while for me since I have had a good ole double decker Moon Pie and a Pepsi-Cola, or peanuts in my Pepsi. I used to love a Power House candy bar, a Baby Ruth, Butterfinger or a Big Time candy bar. Big Time candy bars are not made anymore, neither is the Power House bar of candy. I used to also love a Mars bar but I think they quit making them also I don't see them anymore.

My Stepdad had a pack of Toast-Chee nabs just about every morning of his life along with his favorite soda Pop which was a Pepsi-Cola. A Pepsi was also my Granddad's favorite drink, and mine also. I have often wondered just how many packs of Toast-Chee nabs my Stepdad ate during his lifetime.

When we worked in tobacco many decades ago about 9am the farmer we were working for would get up a list of what everyone wanted for the morning break. Most everyone chose the Toast-Chee nabs or a Moon Pie or oatmeal cookie along with their favorite soft drink. The good ole days are long gone for me and many of the things I used to enjoy many years ago do not taste like they did when I was a kid. Maybe my taste has changed over the decades, everything else in this life surely has.
I bet you' drank cheer wine and sun drop along the way too. ..nabs were a staple, i get them in a 40pk at sams now...

specialk

this is the last moon pie i had...it was goooood!031d989a-cf09-4a48-8243-c8092560e6af_1000_m.jpg

Dub

Peanut butter Toastchees

4-corner nabs & a Diet Pepsi....with some salted peanuts and I am one happy dude.

Quite often that is what suffices as breakfast on work days.

Dirtroad Johnson

It's been a long long time since having any of those but those moon pies & RC's were regulars in the tobacco field days. Peanuts in your coke of choice was a regular around all little country stores back in the day too. :cheers:

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
There's Toast-Chee crackers in my locker at work, as we speak. Sardines and Vienna's, too.

My sodie pop of choice has been Diet Mtn Dew for years.

Now I want an RC, just because...

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I eat toast-chee crackers pretty often, probably once a week. RCs pretty often too, and an occasional moon pie. Never cared for Mary Janes or Bit-o-Honeys. Probably 30 years since I've put peanuts in a Cheerwine or Sundrop.

Chik-o-stick is something you don't see much any more, used to love those things. They're basically the inside of a Butterfinger.

Tight Lines

We don't drink much soda, but we drink a bunch of ice tea. The kids get the Toast-chees with cheese and peanut butter at CostCo and eat them every day. At any given moment there is a whole drawer full of those things...

Sometimes on a road trip I get a Chick-o-stick and a Zero if I can find them...those and Bugles were my favorites...

These days I eat mostly jerky and pork rinds...

Been a while since I poured peanuts in a soda...or pop as we called it in Kansas...my Dad used to get me peanuts and a strawberry bottle of pop when we were putting hay bales in the hay barn...

He loved Moon Pies, my kids never got the bug...

When my wife does drink pop it's a Dr. Pepper or a root beer...

Redbow

I bet you' drank cheer wine and sun drop along the way too. ..nabs were a staple, i get them in a 40pk at sams now...
I did drink Sun Drop but never cheer wine, I couldn't stand that stuff. There used to be a Red Rock cola in SC it was pretty good. The Ginger Ale that used to be called Blenheim Ginger Ale was good, the ole #3 was the best one it was quite hot.

Redbow

Both the Wife and I eat the Toast-Chee nabs, its a rare day when I don't enjoy a pack of them, along with a Pepsi. When we used to fish a lot we got to calling the Toast-Chees fish crackers. We always had them in the boat.

Reactions: Dub

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
I did drink Sun Drop but never cheer wine, I couldn't stand that stuff. There used to be a Red Rock cola in SC it was pretty good. The Ginger Ale that used to be called Blenheim Ginger Ale was good, the ole #3 was the best one it was quite hot.

You dang right the hot Blenheims was hot...Had a red cap on it. Cure or kill ya.

Ain't seen one in many years.

Redbow

You dang right the hot Blenheims was hot...Had a red cap on it. Cure or kill ya.

Ain't seen one in many years.
The Blenheim's used to be bottled in the small town of Blenheim SC but they shut the plant down and moved the bottling facility so I was told to South of The Border on the NC SC state line. I don't know if they still bottle the Blenheim Ginger Ale or not.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I'll take your share of the Cheerwine. Love it.