What Ya Think?

mlandrum

As you know fellows i own "Drake's" mother "Happy". After watching her work the moles in my yard recently A thought hit me-- I bet she would make a good deer wounded tracker;)( after all she really was never trained for anything but having puppies ) So i've been looking at a lot of tracker dog videos lately and i think she can do it---What's your thoughts??

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I think if you are going to encourage her to track then she should make a good one.

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
A buddy had his family bloodhound on the tracking list and was called at night to track a deer in September several years ago. It was a warm night. The dog went into a thicket, friend heard buzzing--rattlers. The dog was bitten and his sheer bulk kept him alive. He survived the night, too late to take him to vet, but has had permanent muscle and nerve damage in the bitten leg which has limited his activity. Regardless, friend would never subject another dog to tracking at night when it's warm. So if you can control when you take her tracking in regard to night temps, why not?