What's everybody's Thanksgiving looking like this year?

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
We're doing the traditional turkey and dressing (with a cornish hen cooked on top of it) and mashed potatoes and then a bunch of casseroles. Corn casserole, turnip green casserole, sweet potato/pumpkin casserole, and butter peas. A pecan and a peach pie for dessert with vanilla ice cream.

specialk

This year i will be traveling back home to VA. Normaly i go back at xmas, which i still will do, but decided to sneak off....my aunt will be doing all the cooking....id be happy with bolonga sammichs, getting to be we family is what matter most to me these days....

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill

What's everybody's Thanksgiving looking like this year?​

.....like a 14 hr shift at work.....will make some extra $$$ for Christmas gift shopping....and some more ammo for me. :)
I used to volunteer to work holidays too. Made some decent money doing that and got a comp day off during the week. Somebody needs to fix you up a plate and bring it to you so you can be miserably full like the rest of us will be.

Geffellz18

The traditional spread we have pretty much every year-Too much to list but I’ll share some pics…
Turkey will be fried up in the oil less fryer again this year though. Has worked great the past 4-5 years so we’ll keep it going!
Getting its injection tomorrow evening after work.

Lilly001

My Wifey and I, and the two rat terriers, are in Fl to take care of my sons animals while he, his wife and our two grandchildren are in north Ga camping with his in-laws.
A simple turkey breast with green beans and mashed potatoes is on the menu. Plus some peace and quiet.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
started baking tonight. 3 sweet tater pies in the oven, turkey in the brine, and gonna start it smoking tomorrow night. We will have dressing, green beans, squash casserole, gravy, cranberry sauce, punkin cake, deviled eggs, salad and all kinds of stuff.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
started baking tonight. 3 sweet tater pies in the oven, turkey in the brine, and gonna start it smoking tomorrow night. We will have dressing, green beans, squash casserole, gravy, cranberry sauce, punkin cake, deviled eggs, salad and all kinds of stuff.
Yep, the turkey is brining as we speak! Casseroles getting cooked tonight.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
We're doing the traditional turkey and dressing (with a cornish hen cooked on top of it) and mashed potatoes and then a bunch of casseroles. Corn casserole, turnip green casserole, sweet potato/pumpkin casserole, and butter peas. A pecan and a peach pie for dessert with vanilla ice cream.
Turnip greens casserole?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
We aren't having our official family Thanksgiving dinner until Saturday. I'm smoking a turkey, baking homemade yeast rolls and a chocolate cake and whatever else needs doing. My sister is doing a ham and sides, my wife is doing tater salad and other sides.