What's everybody's Thanksgiving looking like this year?

slow motion

Been eating turkey all week. Still got enough for a few sandwiches but tonight the Nurse decided on breakfast for Thanksgiving supper. Even had coffee and a cold beer. Beer with breakfast was interesting. Feels like you're being mischievous.

20221124_181630.jpg

pjciii

This was the first year i didn't cook anything. Son and his family went to Ex wifes and they will be up here Saturday And i am thinking LCB. Did go to the Presbyterian Church, they were serving free meals so i got mine. Wasn't bad. Did give them a big donation cause if I had gone somewhere Else i would have payed about 25.00 per person. So wasn't going to cheap out because it was free. They fed 580 by the time i got there almost at the end. That is like 1/4 of the total population of Franklin.

breathe in

usually smoke my turkey, but think I'm just gonna throw it in the oven this year?

dressing, white potatoes/gravy, cranberry salad, something green and my favorite side, creamed pearl onions. :clap:

skipped the potatoes and added deviled eggs. no pics.

been hearing Erick Erickson squawk about his gravy recipe for a few years so decided to give it a try. it was killer! maybe best i've had, will definitely make again.

JDBrown

Creole butter injected smoked turkey, dressing, giblet gravy, homemade mac n cheese, corn casserole, sweet taters, mashed taters, green beans, deviled eggs, corn and yeast rolls. Then went to my sister in laws and had almost the same, with ham added, and 3 desserts. I'm fixing to go to sleep.

slow motion

Creole butter injected smoked turkey, dressing, giblet gravy, homemade mac n cheese, corn casserole, sweet taters, mashed taters, green beans, deviled eggs, corn and yeast rolls. Then went to my sister in laws and had almost the same, with ham added, and 3 desserts. I'm fixing to go to sleep.
You call it sleep. It's actually called a coma. A happy coma.

OwlRNothing

Not looking for pity or sympathy, just answering the question: Mine was a chicken pot pie from the microwave and scrolling through GON. Local family disowned us after my Mom died three years ago. Wife's family are all in other parts of the state. Still, no one argued and no fighting over the last biscuit. :)

slow motion

Not looking for pity or sympathy, just answering the question: Mine was a chicken pot pie from the microwave and scrolling through GON. Local family disowned us after my Mom died three years ago. Wife's family are all in other parts of the state. Still, no one argued and no fighting over the last biscuit. :)
Your GON family will not disown or judge. Happy Thanksgiving my brother.