Whats the plan

Hunter922

You Gotta' be fine tuning the plan by now.

Myself and my son will likely be in Butts opening morning. Looking for a meat hog or a suprise buck. Not much on camera there as of today. We have a Couple of shooters in Cobb we will hunt in the PM. Don't want to risk bumping one in the dark so we are gonna' wait like we did last year. Would really like the North wind to go away and be a straight east but we will work with what we get...
Talk to us Archers....

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Mountain air and the freedom of hunting bear on foot for me...
Much better for an old man than the heat, sweat, chiggers, ticks, and mosquitoes in Central Georgia.
Lookin forward!

One daughter has Volleyball tournament and another a Cheer Competition. So my opening already accounted for.
But will attend our Wednesday night Church Service (have multiple to account for crowds and making room for new comers) instead of Sunday Morning so I can be in a tree in Effingham Co.
Hard to make the right days work anymore, so I have to make whatever day work I can

sprewett

I haven't really made my mind up yet as to location I will hunt. Thinking serious about Jeff Davis county. With a pocket full of fuel and refills for thermocell and two cans of permethrin. Might also throw the 30-06 in the truck a farmer next to my uncle is getting his peanut fields decimated by pigs and wants us to kill a mess of them. But.... I may just stick close to the house and hunt a WMA or Corp property. All I know Lord willing opening day I will be in the woods from sun up till sun down!

buckshed

I have 2 shooters on 2 different properties in Pike co...and saw a pic of a giant next to my other lease in Monroe..so dependent on the wind opening day

Kris87

I only have one shooter I'm 100% about and a couple on the fence. Because of that, I don't have a plan yet. Still got weeks to go. Lots will start to change those first 10 days of September.

James12

I only have one shooter I'm 100% about and a couple on the fence. Because of that, I don't have a plan yet. Still got weeks to go. Lots will start to change those first 10 days of September.

Yup, I’ve learned after many years the summer boys most likely are leaving!

Last edited:

Ihunt

Wait until mid October or later.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I’m asking myself the same question. Often times I’ll decide the night before , sometimes the morning of.……and I’ve been known to change direction on the way! I’ve got a few deer on camera and lots of places to go, but no real hot spots. I’ll probably find myself on one of the WMAs, still after a pig! Temps will dictate my movements to an xtent.

earlthegoat2

I’m looking to shoot a couple does right off rip and then wait for firearm.

James12

I rarely shoot does early, they’re free live bait in a few weeks - plenty of time to take them later on. Mostly hunt afternoons in early season due to the bedding areas and where I hunt. Usually have a couple bucks that will stay on their pattern early on, but it’s always amazing how they often change those and within just days of the calendar day each year.

Hunter922

Our suburban bucks pretty much stay in the areas until the rut. Then they move some buy we also add new bucks.
CJ had a buck last year that was dead in July and just didn't know it. He shot him opening day afternoon within 10 minutes of the times we had pics of him for 3 months.. We've have a shooter this year doing the exact same thing in the exact same area for months. We ready...-------->

dfurdennis

Got a buck with 2 mains on one side been daylighting every morning like clockwork if he keeps the pattern up gonna slip in early and see if I can get him early, we don't have many bow hunters on the property. If that don't pan out for a good shooter for me coming into my food plot every evening right at dark so I hung another stand Sat back a ways in the woods South of the plot and got pics of him that evening so I hope the wind stays right and I can get an opportunity on him. I would take either one of them for a first bow buck, got lots of does and a lot of hogs with the bow just never got the shot on a buck I would have harvested, lost one in Illinois last year

Hunter922

Looks like the Wind will be Out if the NE at 5 for us. Would love for it to have more East in it by next weekend..

Mackie889

I’m hunting, but will probably only sit 2 hunts (from Saturday to Monday). I don’t usually see much from stand this early in the year. Also, it is a long season and I feel that I am educating the deer too much with my sweating from the South Georgia heat. The mosquitoes and black gnats are a nuisance too! Also, there are not many deer on our property. I only want one doe to be taken per year on our 150 acres until the population increases and want my father-in-law to be the one that gets her. I’ll probably hunt a spot where I have seen a 140” buck in the last week opening morning and sit at the edge of a cotton field overlooking an oak flat one evening between a recent clear cut and the field. I’ve got to hunt out of tradition … haven’t missed a bow opener in over 30 years! Good luck to everyone!

Deerhunter12454

Working. Might try to hunt Monday night. Probably will only be able to hunt a few times this year. Got to work my butt off so I can afford to finish this degree.