Whats your favorite fishing snacks?

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
I dont fish with live bait to much (usually just crickets), use alot of cut bait though...dont warry about dirty hands, keep a small bucket and soap in the boat...whole lake full of water to use.

:popknot:
Dont be blaspheming in here.
I don't like bananas or Vienna sausages much. But there's a special logic to carrying them in the boat. I'll eat a Snickers bar out of boredom but I got to be hungry to eat a banana and it'll still be there. I spent the night at the river catfishing Monday. By about two in the morning I had eaten everything desirable in the boat. But when the sun come up that old trusty can of Vienna sausages was still in my tackle box and I ate them.

hopper

Natures own protien granola bars, been eating them at work for years since we dont really take brakes. Lots of water. Never really eat alot while fishing since I get so involved, but when that shakey feeling hits just grab a bar and move on.

The other day I took a to go box of sushi from Kroger. Never thought of taking that fishing before but it was an easy refreshing meal that was quick and different. I don't eat large quantities but I really enjoy eating. I always carry the pre packaged wet wipes for cleanup.

Whitefeather

Management Material
I put up wind turbines in the midwest and fell in love with all the summer sausages the locals ate. The weather was cool enough the guys would put a block of cheese, summer sausage and a roll of crackers in their lunch box and eat it all week. In Georgia my local grocery store has one or two types of summer sausage. The Hy Vee in Iowa had an entire isle of different sausages.
The guy that makes it is a retired USDA inspector. I’ve tried to find some around here that’s even close. Nothing compares to that stuff.
I’ve got 3 rolls left from 2 years ago that I’m saving for a special occasion.

littlejon

I bring a sandwich and Lance cheese toast-peanut butter crackers . Always have a pack or two. I use to do the Vienna sausage years back.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

bilgerat

Senior
went fishing with a guide in port st Joe a few years back , My Brother showed up with a banana , the guide saw it in his snack bag , reached in and took it out and chunked it in the bay. The look on My brothers face was hilarious, He'd never herd that they were bad luck on a boat.

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
Went offshore with a coworker few years back. He caught a yellow fin tuna and sliced it up seconds after coming out of the water. It was a flavor I had never experienced. Changed my opinion of sushi.

Thanks...I'll pass on the case of intestinal worms. But ya'll enjoy.

MYRX

For me, it's simple. I always eat a good breakfast. Then on the boat I have plenty of water, maybe a beer or 2, and a good ham sandwich. I usually only fish 6-8 hours and don't think about eating till the ride home. That's when I eat the sandwich.

ryork

I keep a variety of Vienna sausages in my boat, has probably been at least 35 years or so since I've had one anywhere else but on a boat..... Also always have a couple Snickers, several packs of crackers, and the occasional Little Debbie type deal. That photo was taken down around Plant Hammond on the Coosa white bass fishing a couple years ago, and the second somewhere on West Point last Fall I believe.

8-15 (5).jpg11-7 (2).jpg

hipster dufus

A bagel w cream cheese and a sandwhich.water, gatorade/powerade,energy drink. I prefer coldcuts but will do pb&j.

littlejon

I keep a variety of Vienna sausages in my boat, has probably been at least 35 years or so since I've had one anywhere else but on a boat..... Also always have a couple Snickers, several packs of crackers, and the occasional Little Debbie type deal. That photo was taken down around Plant Hammond on the Coosa white bass fishing a couple years ago, and the second somewhere on West Point last Fall I believe.

View attachment 1032998View attachment 1033000
You eat them with a fork, you're high class! Lol