Who do u call?

hipster dufus

I was at sugar crk on oconee last week, ga pwr ramp. Pull up to dock, 3 ladies, non english speaking, sitting on dock fishing. New fishing dock 100 ft away. I was in a hurry , trying to avoid a thunderstorm. Another member of the group, male, was fishing from actual ramp. Sign says, no fishing. Them seemed upset when i went and tied up right nxt to em. Didnt say anything other then no fishing from dock. Deaf ears. Another fella came in n had to tie up also. Do u call it in? Call dnr? I just got out in time to miss storm.

Arrow3

I wouldn't call it in. I don't even mind them fishing there but just don't get mad when I have to pull up. Most just reel up until you're done. They've got to expect boaters to pull up. If they get to mouthy I just tell them I know karate!

georgia_home

Another site I frequent noted a query of the local states DNR surveying fishing folks for their licenses.

asked party a, party b, party c. And turned around before reaching party D and E. One of the folks check with the DNR guy why he didn’t check the final to groups…

ossifer gave an honest answer. Because they don’t have licenses and won’t show up or pay if cited. Appreciate the honesty.

Redbow

We have a law here in NC its illegal to fish off boat docks or even be there unless you are engaged in boating but its rarely enforced. :mad:

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
That’s one reason I quit using public access ramps on Oconee. I buy a couple of yearly passes at a couple marinas and have no problems with people fishing the docks or ramps. Plus Mr Green Jeans doesn’t harass people as much on private ramps.

dang

DANG !!!
It’s most times at I pull in at West Point. Never had anyone get worked up about pullin a boat up to the boat dock. Most reel up and make sure they’re out of the way. They’re usually just out lookin for some supper. If I have a gut hooked stripe or some leftover shad I’ll usually offer it to em and they’re kind as can be. I can sympathize…I was the bank guy for a long time…I’ve also been the guy out running lightning a time or two….

BeerThirty

This is one of those situations where the "no fishing" sign posted at the ramp was likely put in specifically to avoid unnecessary crowding and/or potential conflicts like this.

Since I've never been the snitchy type I wouldn't have a problem with people fishing there as long as they are respectful to other needing the ramp. Reel up your rods, move your gear to the side, or even step off the dock when boaters are coming in. If it became a problem, I'd probably say something to them. If it became a pattern after speaking with them, then I'd probably snitch.

BassRaider

Years ago at WP, I pull up to the ramp and 5 teenage+ girls are sunning themselves on the dock. A couple began to tie their tops as I pulled up. None ever moved and I literally had to step over them to get to my truck. The only words spoken was for me to say "excuse me" as I stepped over them. No respect!