Who does their own archery work?

kbuck1

It does matter if you are too close. The bow will shoot really low that close and the sight often times will not have enough adjustment to get on target.

Having said that, I also agree that the peeps needs to be right for you. That is a very important piece to the puzzle.

goshenmountainman

It does matter if you are too close. The bow will shoot really low that close and the sight often times will not have enough adjustment to get on target.

Having said that, I also agree that the peeps needs to be right for you. That is a very important piece to the puzzle.
Ten yards usually doesn't show what your talking about, thats something he will learn after he gets everything set up properly. I have never had to shoot an animal closer than five yards except for on a 3d course, blew my mind when I first did. Couldn't figure out why I hit dirt on a ground hog, three feet in front of me. Had to do some reading and investigating, then it all made sense. That was a long time ago, our whole group did the same thing!

ajtowe

Just an update for everyone. I went to Patrick at Outdoor Depot today and he got me shooting straight. He was even teaching me things to know so I can do some adjustments myself. There were many issues contributing to my problem. Overall it was a very cool shop and a good experience. I drove an hour and a half to go see him and it was well worth it. I finally feel confident with this bow again. I would recommend Outdoor Depot as the go to shop for your archery needs. I won't name the others that really screwed me over.

Thanks again for all the advice and input.

hdgapeach

Those close shots require some out "of the norm" shooting adjustments. Think about this; Your peep is somewhere in the neighborhood of 6" above the knocked arrow. Super close shots require that you compensate for that gap, or your arrow will be at least 6" low (line of sight versus arrow flight path).

In tournaments, my set up made it necessary to use my 40 yard pin on anything closer than 5 yards. That got my line of sight matched real close to where the arrow would impact.