who is the guy who was caught killing a 13' gator in the Eufaula Refuge opening weekend?

FREEDOM22

Anybody know the name of the guy caught killing the 13+ ft alligator in the Eufaula Refuge opening weekend. I saw just a small piece on it and a pic of the gator, what a shame to lose such a dinosaur to illegal methods!

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Why do you want the persons name???

treadwell

When we hunted Eufaula there was a pontoon boat anchored just outside the boundaries. There were several people on it and first appearance you'd think they were crappie fishing......wrong! Looking through binoculars it was GW's watching the refuge. In addition, the Alabama GW had a floating decoy just up an Alabama creek, told us at the dock he was attempting to catch Ga gator hunters from hunting on the Alabama side. Nice, polite, but you could sense he meant business. We got checked three times, twice by Ga and once by Alabama. Why in the world someone would even begin to believe they could pull off killing a trophy gator, let alone inside the refuge is beyond me.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I wonder if they caught it on a piece of rope and a hook tied to a tree limb with a chunk of chicken on it?