Why me Lord?

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
When I ask the Lord, "Why me?", I don't mean the things that happen to me, I mean why did he make me the way I am? When I think about all the folks I've met and known in my life, I'm just downright peculiar about most things as compared to them. I just don't seem to fit in or think like other folks a lot of the time. Every woman I ever dated and now my wife all have said the same thing. "You're not like any man I've ever dated before".

Sometimes I feel like Cool Hand Luke.
Yep, why me Lord? :LOL:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
When I ask the Lord, "Why me?", I don't mean the things that happen to me, I mean why did he make me the way I am? When I think about all the folks I've met and known in my life, I'm just downright peculiar about most things as compared to them. I just don't seem to fit in or think like other folks a lot of the time. Every woman I ever dated and now my wife all have said the same thing. "You're not like any man I've ever dated before".
Yep, why me Lord?
Why would you want to be like everybody else? They mostly suck as a species. :)

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Just because it sure would be easier to fit in sometimes. Granted, that can be overrated, but I get tired sometimes.
Be proud of being unique. Probably means you've got some sense.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; I must bring them also, and they will hear My voice; and they will become one flock with one shepherd.

Since we have gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, each of us is to exercise them accordingly: if prophecy, according to the proportion of his faith;

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; I must bring them also, and they will hear My voice; and they will become one flock with one shepherd.

Since we have gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, each of us is to exercise them accordingly: if prophecy, according to the proportion of his faith;
Lord knows Ruger, that's as good an answer as I've ever heard for what makes me ponder this.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
On a personal level, I'm a fair judge of character. If your different, the world needs more different.

macbeth

gomer pyle didnt fit in either.

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
Over the years, I have been called by family, acquaintances, and friends many things. Geek, non-conformant, introvert, selfish, ambitious, etc. You get the picture! But I am not any of those things really. I am who I am and that’s of great value.

Embrace the ‘why me?’ and realize that you were made the way you are for Christ. But not just for your purposes but His. If anything you are keeps you from His purpose for you, take it to Him and He will help you change it. For example, we are all a little selfish at times, so asking God to help me with that has lead to great opportunities to share His love with others. And I am an introvert, at one time very severe, but God got me out of that but getting me to lead a group of men in Bible study!

So to shorten this a little, be who you are, yet if God wants to work out something in you, give it to Him and He will do it. I know plenty of folks of all types but the best ones are real, honest with themselves, know their weaknesses, and ask God to help them through them. There is a purpose in His kingdom for all. If you are heading His direction, you’ll get there! Blessings!

hopper

That's Awsome Man! I've always felt different have never really felt like I fit in most situations. I've met others that appear to be the same but would never admit it. A guy told me once one of the most spiritual things you can do is get honest, especially when it comes to who you are. Only then can we work towards acceptance. It's a battle at times. Constant prayer and willingness to "try" and do God's will and be of service when asked. In my opinion you are ahead of the game my friend!