Wilkes county 2015 - 16

bowhunterdavid

Those are some great wilkes county bucks, we haven't been getting any good bucks yet, but I know there is a few around.

cliff from jax

Got a few decent bucks on camera lot of acorns on the ground in tignall area what part of Wilkes the pics from if you don't mind me asking

grndhunt10

Wilkes Opener

Hunted this weekend with a few does seen. Water oak and red oak acorns falling. Sunday morning sure felt nice!

I caught these on cam a couple weeks ago.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 1,004
Here's another one.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 993

deermaster13

Checked a couple places this weekend and we are covered up with white oaks. Seems like every hardwood bottom were loaded.

deermaster13

They seem to be on their feet a little. Seen four different bucks that been run over this week on travels to and from work.

JWT

Sunday morning in Wilkes , they were on fire , seen 30+ deer in 3 sits ,over 15 bucks , this one was chasing a doe  photo 54BA3AF5-141A-4737-A4E6-29D54CF55535.png

cr00241

Sunday morning in Wilkes , they were on fire , seen 30+ deer in 3 sits ,over 15 bucks , this one was chasing a doe  photo 54BA3AF5-141A-4737-A4E6-29D54CF55535.png

Nice buck, congrats!

What area in Wilkes are you? All I have seen are small bucks still together, does by them selves or with fawns. Haven't seen anything showing the rut is about to start. I'm in the tignall area.

JWT

Nice buck, congrats!

What area in Wilkes are you? All I have seen are small bucks still together, does by them selves or with fawns. Haven't seen anything showing the rut is about to start. I'm in the tignall area.

I'm over near Quaker springs on kettle creek

DJN

Quaker Springs

You got my attention.... I hunted on a farm on Quaker Springs Road along Kettle Creek from 1987-2010. How long have you been hunting down in that area? You must be on the land that was clear-cut a few years ago? We always did the best from October 25th- Nov. 10th in the nearly 25 years hunting there. Around Halloween give or take a few days was always real good!

bowhunterdavid

I seeing the most fawns this year, every doe has a fawn with them, which is good . I guess the coyotes are not killing to many, Thank the LORD.