Wilkes County Reports

Duff

Anymore reports today?

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
I don't think I've heard the amount of rifle shots in my area of Wilkes co this year like I normally do.
Especially during Thanksgiving week.
Any of y'all notice that also?

Tight Lines

Sounded like Fallujah opening day!!! I would expect there to be fewer shots lately if they were hitting their targets!

Duff

Yeah. I was there Friday-Sunday. Didn’t hear that many shots

highbeam

It has been eerily quiet around Danburg. Didn't hear many shots during muzzleloader week and not many shots opening day of gun season. This gun season up to this point has been real quiet. The rut was much weaker at my place and also could have been weaker in the surrounding areas to Danburg this year compared to last year. Seeing plenty of does and small bucks just none of the shooters I have on camera have shown up this year. This morning a a friend of mine who lives south of Danburg sent me a video of a good size buck running a doe through his back yard with two younger bucks watching. Secondary rut probably is on for the weekend. Wish I could be there but have to work this weekend. I will try to post the video from my phone here in a few.

deermaster13

Really been quite around Danburg. I've got one that regularly hits a plot behind my house but as of Tuesday he hasn't shown any interest in the does. I'll pull the card when I get back this morning. I'm hunting g my place in sandtown this morning and only heard one shot. Really curious to see what's on camera from this week. I also noticed last weekend not the first open scrape .

deermaster13

Pulled carts had a few good ones sniffing around and one big ten that we've never seen before show up.on the 3rd checking around a feeder at night but only once. Other plots just had them slipping thru at night but didn't see any chasing or pushing on any camera. I put some feed out in front of a camera at lunch just to see what happens.this evening and tonight. I'll pull.it mid morning.just to look.

gacowboy

GONetwork Member
Does anyone happen to have any contact information for a Legacy Wildlife lease near Tignall called Wooten Gun Club?

deermaster13

Does anyone happen to have any contact information for a Legacy Wildlife lease near Tignall called Wooten Gun Club?
Try pulling g tax assessor for the tract if you know it and reach out to the owner. Shoot me a pm if it is someone local that owns the property and maybe I know them.

deermaster13

Season getting closer! This rain has made stuff really grow. I've not seen many white oaks this year while mowing fields. Been seeing a few nice ones on the roads in various places to and from work. I think I'll put a camera or 2 up this weekend.

RatherB

BANNED
Lots of food for deer this year. Good rain has lots of green. Persimmons looking good muscadines are all over the ground already and white oaks appear to be loaded and will start dropping in October. Am going to try my best to get plots done Friday. Looks like good rain for Saturday bow opener. good luck

Triple C

Would appreciate any updates from you guys in Wilkes on bear sightings for us guys in Oglethorpe County. We have pics from a member just outside of Maxeys and pics from another member on the broad river. Was hoping to not have to deal with bears in the near future. Pigs bad enuf. Looks like they are coming our way.

deermaster13

i live around Danburg, have a tract in Tignall, and Aonia, haven't seen any bears on camera in a few years. Acorns look good, im waiting until the 24th to plant the rest of my place. Seen some really nice deer otw back and forth from work. Should be a good season.

Tight Lines

Would appreciate any updates from you guys in Wilkes on bear sightings for us guys in Oglethorpe County. We have pics from a member just outside of Maxeys and pics from another member on the broad river. Was hoping to not have to deal with bears in the near future. Pigs bad enuf. Looks like they are coming our way.
I got a young one year before last just outside Washington...then again last year...first year he went right on by and never seemed to stop on our tract...last year he messed with one feeder all night but could not figure out how to get it down...haven't seen him since...

Latest posts