Wilkes County rut

goob

Any of you Wilkes hunters seeing anything yet?

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !

goob

That's about what we seeing too. I think it'll be next week or thanksgiving week. I don't think it's a definite "wave" anyways. Some are and some aren't.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
That's about what we seeing too. I think it'll be next week or thanksgiving week. I don't think it's a definite "wave" anyways. Some are and some aren't.

I think the peak is happening between now and mid week next week. Nov 8th & 9th are always key dates!

Possum

Banned
Not much on my place. Been a little uptick in daylight buck movement but nothing like this time last year. Seen some cruising but no chasing with exception of little bucks pushing groups of does around. I don’t think any of the does on my place are near coming into heat.
Overall even nighttime movement of mature bucks has been less than it was same time last year. Hope it gets better soon!

Matt.M

Yep, I'll be hunting hard 8th through 11th. Even pulling the boy out of school for a chance at a mature buck.

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
I did see a 2 different large bucks crossing the road on Friday and Sunday evenings. Mostly everyone saw little bucks on the move. I didn't see any does by themselves. I'm taking Friday off. Hopefully the predicted rain will stop before dark.

goob

I've seen some studs at night on the road! 14 does on Centerville Rd the other night and no bucks with them. I've got some nice bucks on camera on our land, and the biggest ones at night only. I'm still getting does and smaller bucks during the day. I've got one night pic of a hoss kicking a smaller buck. I just don't think it will be at our place til next week or after.

deermaster13

Just pulled a camera behind the house. 8-10 mature does at a time in food plot with no bucks checking. All does didn't even seem to have stained hocks.

LNK

Ruts over in my area of Wilkes.Peek here was week to 10 days before rifle season.Some mature bucks checking on does that did not take the first time..But full rut over here.

goob

Finally some more activity!

LNK

Seeing some small bucks chasing does that possibly did not take at peak rut..That's in my area of Wilkes.

Possum

Banned
Been a disappointing season for us. Daughter killed a little eight point at dark last weekend but otherwise we’ve seen very little buck movement last few weeks. I got does everywhere but no big bucks and very few small bucks pass through. Rut is kicking in good now where I live in Habersham so going to focus on up here now.maybe later in December a decent buck will move in and start hitting food plots.

goob

Big bucks are still mostly at night at our place in Wilkes. 90% of the does on camera have white hocks. A couple of the older bucks are starting to turn but that's it. They're cleaning out scrapes regular though. I haven't seen much in Habersham either. Haven't seen the first deer dead on the road yet.