Winchester vs. Savage

deerhunter270

NotaVegetarian said:
Another excellent choice. What type of scope are thinking of mounting on top? :fine:

Leupold Vari Xll in 3x9x40mm. I am still not absolutelty sure if I am going to get a Winchester. I really like that accutrigger on the Savage, and I wanted stainless and synthetic(All Weather Series). The Winchester Super Shadow is blued and synthetic. I want stainless because it is better in rainy weather, and you don't have to worry about cleaning it that much if it gets a little wet.

Last edited:

NotaVegetarian

One more wise decision on the scope, that will accent the .300WSM very well. Remember if use good equipment, practice with your equipment, the more familiar you are with your equipment the more accurate and proficient you will be. :cool:

LKennamer

Ditto on the trigger tune

I agree with the extra dough on getting the trigger tuned by a gunsmith. My Model 70 shot good out of the box, but after tuning it's silky smooth with a crisp break...not too light, not too heavy. Doesn't make much difference on the bench, but it does in the woods.

308 WIN

Winchester!!!!!

For The Money, You Cant Beat The Winchester Model 70! It Is, In My Opinion, The Best Bolt Action Rifle You Can Buy For Less Than $1000! As For More Than $1000, I Dont Have A Clue, So Winchester Is All I Have Or Will Ever Use In A Bolt Action Centerfire.