Rebore by JES

GregoryB.

I have a Ruger 77 RSI (Manlicher Stock) 308 that I am thinking of having JES in Oregon rebore for me to 338 Federal. I have always wanted a 338 Federal and I am not attached to this 308. Sounds like a simple process for under $300 . Starline makes brass and there seems to be a good selection of 338 bullets available. The short barrel/rifle should be handy for toting down in the mountains her in WV. Then I can start a new search for a Ruger #1 in 308 (what I originally wanted).

weagle

Jess has done 5 re-bores for me. (2) .358 win, (1) 35 whelen. (1) 375 Winchester. All have shot as good or better than the original chambering.

Personally I'd go .358 win with that Ruger. IMHO you can throw a hat over the .308 and .338 Fed. Nearly identical.

.35 cal gives you the option to shoot plinking loads with .38 pistol bullets up to .250gr for heavy bodied animals.

There are some excellent .338 bullets but not much variety. Most are for BIG animals and designed for .338 win mag speeds.

Reactions: Dub

GregoryB.

Glad you are happy with his Rebore work. Going to stick with the 338 Federal as the other calibers don’t interest me. The 200 gr Speer Hot Core should work fine on deer and black bear here in WV.

pacecars

I have had JES do a couple of rebores and the work was quick, a great price and came out great. He did a Brno small ring from 8x57 to 9.3x62 and it was more accurate than the original.