WinMag!

injun joe

Gone But Not Forgotten
Let's hear a report on the weekend. Did the rain keep you off the river? We had one bad storm Thursday night in west Cobb. Drove over the river in the dark Fri. morning, couldn't tell much about the flow.

WinMag.300

The weekend was great!

I didnt make it to the dh friday morning but did go that afternoon to paces. Got on the water close to 3pm and there were caddis flies everywhere mostley size 22-20s. The water was stained and a lil up from the overnight storms but was clearing fast. I ended up with 16 fish, 5 browns and 11 bows with the biggest being 16 inches all caught on a sz 14 hot pink sanjuan with a wired stoney dropper. All fish came on the sanjuan. The day ended well.

Saturday I drove back up to the DH to fish the morning before heading to Smiths creek. I fished from 7-11am Saturday and the water had cleared tremedously. I caught 18+bows, and 3 browns, and 2 shoalies. Nice morning and it made it hard to leave. Fish were caught on the sanjuan rig, size 14 orange rubberlegged stimis, size 16 green caddis, and caddis emergers. Reluctantly packed up and headed to Smiths.

Smiths: Got there around 115 after stopping in cleveland for a quick bite at BK. Got on the water and the crowd was not bad. I saw 3 other fisherman and a load of bait containers:mad: Caught more than I could count between then and 6pm, then headed down to downtown helen and picked up a quick limit of stockers for supper. It was a good day.

Sunday I woke up and snuck out early and fished the flint at the bluff till lunch. Managed 6 shoalies most less than a pound and one 2 pounder. Not bad either I might say...also managed a good bit of redbreast sunfish. Recooperated from a weekend of fishing the rest of the day:biggrin2:

allenww

Whoa! I'd a been happy with any one of those days, much less three in a row!

How was the flow at Sprewell? Has the river cleared much? Is it wadeable for us old guys? What did the shoalies bite?

WinMag.300

Shoalies were caught

shoalies were caught on bhwb black with flash. One hit top on a stimi. Water is down a bit but flowing good. Stained but clearing. By this weekend without any rain things should be a lot better.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Sounds good. Be down at Sprewells Friday if nothing happens!:fine:

injun joe

Gone But Not Forgotten
Thanks for the report. Sounds like you had a good time all around.

injun joe

Gone But Not Forgotten
Btw, have you seen the Bonnie Plant commercial on TV advertising biodegradable pots for their plants? I'm thinking we should market them to all the bait manufacturers. Then we wouldn't have to see the blue plastic bait cans littering every available piece of water in the state.;)

WinMag.300

Very good point

I have seen that, and that is a great idea.:smash: