Woody's in Baldwin

GunnSmokeer

I happened to pass by Woody's Taxidermy in Baldwin, Georgia on Saturday afternoon.

It's out of business of course-- Woody died back in 2009.

There's still some stuff in there like mounts on the wall, some supplies, but everything's getting dusty and covered in cobwebs.

DC129B84-1B96-4665-9952-31390EBCF5CC.jpeg

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Sorry to hear this.
The gentleman who was running it must’ve retired. I think his name is Greg.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Same colors as the forum.

bilgerat

Senior
Greg did a few mounts for me after Woody passed, he did an awesome job. Woody taught him good.

Minner

Has it really been 14 years? Wow.

I've got a picture somewhere of Dad and myself in Woody's shop each holding 8 pointers that he mounted for us. We lived several hours from Baldwin and Woody mounted a number of bucks for us back then. Occasionally we'd drive up to his shop but usually he'd meet us somewhere in between.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Has it really been 14 years? Wow.

I've got a picture somewhere of Dad and myself in Woody's shop each holding 8 pointers that he mounted for us. We lived several hours from Baldwin and Woody mounted a number of bucks for us back then. Occasionally we'd drive up to his shop but usually he'd meet us somewhere in between.

Woody hunted down south of Augusta, well over 100 miles from Baldwin. He said he sometimes made several stops on his way home picking up taxidermy work.

Minner

Woody hunted down south of Augusta, well over 100 miles from Baldwin. He said he sometimes made several stops on his way home picking up taxidermy work.

Yep, I hunted Walkinshaw once.

We used to have a nickname on here for his deer head pickup and delivery "service", something like the Redneck Express.