Working 1099 job

Got a call about working a job for a consultant company. The job will be in a chemical plant in Louisiana. They told me I would be required to have my own liability insurance. Anybody got a recommendation of a company that handles liability insurance for plant work? The money offer was good even with the taxes but now with the insurance not sure it would be worth it for a 6 month job. I’ve looked on the web and called a few insurance companies most handle general contractors house builders etc. haven’t found one for refinery’s or chemical plants. Thanks

LTZ25

The company you will be working for realizes that you have the added insurance expense and will cover it .

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Perhaps a temporary employment agency like Etcon could be useful in this situation.

They did say they would pay extra for the insurance, but it was up to me to get it. Liability insurance to be specific. I have called around still no one that covers Plants or Refineries. I know someone has to cover it just can’t find anyone.

GoldDot40

They did say they would pay extra for the insurance, but it was up to me to get it. Liability insurance to be specific. I have called around still no one that covers Plants or Refineries. I know someone has to cover it just can’t find anyone.
Call Kinder-Morgan over on the Jefferson Rd in Athens and ask for Stan. That's where I load my fuel tanker. I'm sure he will give you some direction.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
They're probably looking for Comprehensive General Liability for your 'business'. As a 1099, you're basically a small business. Not sure what type of work you do, but discuss it with an agent as what you do, not where you do it, and that should help them understand your need.

Last edited:

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Call some agents in the closest town to the factory.

Last edited:
Thanks to all that offered assistance I finally found exactly what I needed and for a reasonable price. Being my first 1099 job I did not realize how much of a hassle it would be.