Worm grunting...

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
Give me some tips. I can't get it to work.
I know the worms are there...I can dig em up with a shovel.

Hillbilly stalker

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
2x4 about 18 inches or so long, pointed at one end. Find the little worm piles and drive that stob about a foot deep. Drag a brick bat across the top of it. You`ll feel the ground shake and vibrate as you work it and it shouldn`t take long before them worms start coming out. Let them get completely out of the ground before you start gathering them.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
2x4 about 18 inches or so long, pointed at one end. Find the little worm piles and drive that stob about a foot deep. Drag a brick bat across the top of it. You`ll feel the ground shake and vibrate as you work it and it shouldn`t take long before them worms start coming out. Let them get completely out of the ground before you start gathering them.
Yep, and I take my cricket basket with me because when I rake the leaves back to get worms, I always find 5 or 6 crickets as well. (y)

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Dangdest thing I ever saw was when we had my old 20 horse Mercury in a 55 gallon drum of water. We had it running fairly hard and the drum was carrying real good. There was bait popping up as far as 10 feet away from that drum. I`ve seen similar results when we were vibra-plowing in underground cables.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
I was shown how to grunt worms in an old family cemetery, nearly a half century ago.

The worms are still there, and gruntin' still works. I need to show my Grandboys...

Another trick that works well is a bucket of water with a few drops of dish liquid stirred in it.

Pour it out, and here they come...

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
Dangdest thing I ever saw was when we had my old 20 horse Mercury in a 55 gallon drum of water. We had it running fairly hard and the drum was carrying real good. There was bait popping up as far as 10 feet away from that drum. I`ve seen similar results when we were vibra-plowing in underground cables.
I bet that vibraplow
would get some worms, quick!

Big7

The Oracle
Hundreds of videos on Youtube tube of people doing this.

specialk

when i was a young lad my grandad had a metal rod about 2ft long with a screwdriver handle fixed on the end, now i dont remember how it was rigged but it had a plug on it and he would plug a drop cord in and shove it in the ground about 4-5 inchs and worms would come to the top of the ground...we were limited to the length of the drop cord though...

flconch53

when i was a young lad my grandad had a metal rod about 2ft long with a screwdriver handle fixed on the end, now i dont remember how it was rigged but it had a plug on it and he would plug a drop cord in and shove it in the ground about 4-5 inchs and worms would come to the top of the ground...we were limited to the length of the drop cord though...
You needed to wet the ground 1st

Hillbilly stalker

Looks like they don’t have cable tv over in England :rofl: . Turns out all you need is a manure fork and a golf club ( 6 pack might come in handy). If the neighbors see you, might end up in a padded room with a funny jacket on:biggrin2:

oldways

I use a hardwood stob and a old bushhog blade you need to look for casing on the ground and damp sandy ground seems to work better for me. Good luck with it.