WTB some Feral Hogs

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey ya'll im lookin to buy some feral hogs, Im wanting about 3 to 5 at least one Boar. If anybody has any give me a PM. Im located in the Macon area and will come and get them.
Thanks
Scotty

Woodscrew

Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't it illigal to sell and transport a feral hog?

?????? there are people selling them on here, I have not checked if it's illegal or not. If anyone knows I would appreciate a heads up on buying wild hogs.
Thanks

jmfauver

It is illegal to transport feral hogs unless they have been tested...See page 22 of the hunting guide

Dpsmith

illegal to transport for relocation(release) but if you putting them in a pen to fatten up and slaughter, is that ok?

rjcruiser

Can't you just buy regular hogs and turn 'em loose? They'll turn feral within 3 generations if I'm not mistaken...and 3 generations for hogs isn't very long :D

MULE

Any hog be it Potbelly , Domestic or wild it has to be tested prior to transport. Similar to having Coggins on a horse, can't transport them unless they have that either.

Perfectly legal to buy them, perfectly legal to transport them if they have the tag in their ear.

illegal to transport for relocation(release) but if you putting them in a pen to fatten up and slaughter, is that ok?

:rofl::rofl: Well between you me and a fence post.... all i can say is thats my story and i am stickin to it!!!!!:yeah:

Florida Curdog

How are you supposed to get them tested if you can't transport them?? :huh: I don't think anyone is going to come to the woods when you catch them at 2:00 am and test them before you load it in the truck. :pop:

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
There are several posts on this thread that illustrate the attitude that causes so many folks have a problem with hog dog hunting. That attitude will, in my opinion, eventually lead to the death of hog dogging in Georgia.

WolfPack

Banned
As long as the destination is of a place where the end result is confinement and slaughter, most are cool about it. If your looking to release elsewhere to populate an area....most are not cool with it.

Resica

There are several posts on this thread that illustrate the attitude that causes so many folks have a problem with hog dog hunting. That attitude will, in my opinion, eventually lead to the death of hog dogging in Georgia.

Sounds about right.

georgia_home

OP never mentioned hog doggin'

i don't want to attack or defend hog dog folks... there are enough people here that will do that... WITHOUT ME!!! but...

the original post didn't say 1 word about hog doggin'...

hogs CAN be captured without dogs... pens / traps... funny how people jump to conclusions.

how did the hog/dog spin get thrown in here?:huh:

hevishot

Banned
i don't want to attack or defend hog dog folks... there are enough people here that will do that... WITHOUT ME!!! but...

hogs CAN be captured without dogs... pens / traps... funny how people jump to conclusions.

guess you need to read the posts by the doggers....:crazy:

redlevel

Yep. Bunch of peckerwoods.

Doesn't matter if they catch them with dogs, in a pen, in a trap, or herd them mounted on housecats. If they are moving them illegally, and/or for relocation, they are still a bunch of peckerwoods.

georgia_home

i just wanted to understand..

there was not 1 mention of hog doggin in the ORIGINAL POST. and this turns into an SOME folks venting against hog dogging.

regardless of what is done with them... especially when DOGS ARE NOT INVOLVED, why does that cause things to turn ANTI DOG HOG hunting.

my comments has nothing to do with the legal/illegal actions involved in moving hogs... just the way some people jump to conclusions about hog dogers.

(in the interest of full disclosure, i have never tried large game hunting with a dog. just upland birds. i don't believe i am prejudice for or against. though i read the posts on this forum.)

i am amazed that something that didn't have a dog spin on it all of a sudden picked one up.

Status
Not open for further replies.