You deserve God's grace and love!

Artfuldodger

We do deserve God’s grace. True, we don’t earn it, but we do deserve it.

gordon 2

To equate God's love and grace to human parental love is interesting.

"Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."

This change to become like little children do we deserve it? For Jesus the redeemer or since Jesus I would say we all do--every human being. So to say since Jesus that grace is unmerited might be an oxymoron. Salvation is a favor. That we are meritorious of it might not matter at all to God regards his favor.... And regardless the cross has made us meritorious.

So what do we get that others might not get if they cannot believe. We get a spirit that can change us significantly regards life and our outlook on life as individual and in common with others from a previous outlook and life. We are made to rest in a spiritual kingdom that declares a more perfect one to come for a body resurrection. And we are made to trust in the declaration even as we fight the thorns in our flesh.

What we apply our faith to is changed from what it once was. Once we sought the wisdom of all the greats to guide us, to tell us who we were and which directions to take, but now we eat at the table of One. Such is our fellowship. We trust in One our course set... if we yet know who we will be....

"Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is."

What is Jesus like that is so important that it would cause him to raise from the dead?

“I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die;..."

Last edited:

Artfuldodger

The reason we deserve it is because it's God's offer. It would be different than when a human offers you a gift.
We don't merit God's gift but since it's His, only way to salvation, we do deserve it.

gordon 2

"The reason we deserve it is because it's God's offer."

gemcgrew

I don't deserve mercy or wrath. Paul is clear in Romans 9 and addressed James Early's rebellion.

Artfuldodger

I don't deserve mercy or wrath. Paul is clear in Romans 9 and addressed James Early's rebellion.
Romans 9:22-23
What if God, although choosing to show his wrath and make his power known, bore with great patience the objects of his wrath—prepared for destruction?
23What if He did this to make the riches of His glory known to the vessels of His mercy, whom He prepared in advance for glory.

If you were prepared beforehand as a vessel of mercy, then you deserve mercy.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
To equate God's love and grace to human parental love is interesting.

"Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."

This change to become like little children do we deserve it? For Jesus the redeemer or since Jesus I would say we all do--every human being. So to say since Jesus that grace is unmerited might be an oxymoron. Salvation is a favor. That we are meritorious of it might not matter at all to God regards his favor.... And regardless the cross has made us meritorious.

So what do we get that others might not get if they cannot believe. We get a spirit that can change us significantly regards life and our outlook on life as individual and in common with others from a previous outlook and life. We are made to rest in a spiritual kingdom that declares a more perfect one to come for a body resurrection. And we are made to trust in the declaration even as we fight the thorns in our flesh.

What we apply our faith to is changed from what it once was. Once we sought the wisdom of all the greats to guide us, to tell us who we were and which directions to take, but now we eat at the table of One. Such is our fellowship. We trust in One our course set... if we yet know who we will be....

"Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is."

What is Jesus like that is so important that it would cause him to raise from the dead?

“I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die;..."
The reason we deserve it is because it's God's offer. It would be different than when a human offers you a gift.
We don't merit God's gift but since it's His, only way to salvation, we do deserve it.
I think I get what you two are saying.

We don’t deserve based on anything we do, but based on who we are to Him for His promises / purpose?

If Grace is something God gives us when we don’t deserve it (life) and Mercy is God not giving us what we deserve (death) although I think understand what you’re saying, I’m still struggling with how we deserve Grace ?

Israel

BANNED
Now to him who works the reward is not reckoned of grace, but of debt. But to him who works not, but believes on Him who justifies the unGodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Israel

BANNED
God alone deserves to have what He has made, what He has paid for, what is His to have, and what is His to show.

But who among men would say to God, as though agreeing to some standard that exists in operation under which He could be judged for His estate...therefore, "you deserve this".

No, we sing thou art worthy which is our very highest calling, but which is also our only reasonable service.

Happy is the man who finds God exacting from him, His due.

There may be "marks" left, but there are no regrets. Happy is the man called to give God glory, for he is learning that in order to give, something has had to have been given him, first. Before. Man's origins are ancient...but he is not origin.

And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

What cannot be summed up of all that a man knows of sorrow, regrets and bitterness is his own by mistaking (miss taking) of origin?

And what of all a man's glory is not enforced to him by the very forbidding of God to not miss taking?

All is gift.

Last edited: