***General Discussion Weather Thread #2 2018***

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Mine either! I reckon it's getting about that time of year where you and I need to exercise that plan we made....... Just pull up camp and head north to NCHillbillys place!!! The land of no ac unit needed! You ready?

We are going to be headed up to NCHillbilly land in a few weeks. Can't wait.

You might as well. Everybody else in the country has. At least I like y'all and you ain't yankees or revenuers. :)

ryork

One thing for sure, I don't recall having to put this much water on my garden this early for a while.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I'd share a tater with you any day. :cheers: We've got a GON campout coming up in the mountains, just sayin.......

Oh, and we're supposed to have a chance of severe storms here this afternoon.

Patriot44

Banned
I'd share a tater with you any day. :cheers: We've got a GON campout coming up in the mountains, just sayin.......

Oh, and we're supposed to have a chance of severe storms here this afternoon.

I'd take a severe storm as long as there are no twisty things. Yesterday at baseball practice, you could bounce baseballs on the dirt like rubber balls on concrete.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Miggy, you know anything about this?
One of the Atlanta weathermen, also UGA alumni I might add.:D posted it on his FB.

"So the 18z run of the GFS is still bullish on a Tropical System in the Gulf in 12 days, You will hear me repeat the message, This is NOT a forecast, but a possibility we are watching.

Hurricane season begins on June 1st, but it is not uncommon to have a storm in May, especially in the warm waters of the Gulf of Mexico."

Just in time for my vacation. facepalm:

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Miggy, you know anything about this?
One of the Atlanta weathermen, also UGA alumni I might add.:D posted it on his FB.

"So the 18z run of the GFS is still bullish on a Tropical System in the Gulf in 12 days, You will hear me repeat the message, This is NOT a forecast, but a possibility we are watching.

Hurricane season begins on June 1st, but it is not uncommon to have a storm in May, especially in the warm waters of the Gulf of Mexico."

Just in time for my vacation. facepalm:
The GFS does the same thing every year and it is always a bust. The GFS is not referred to as the GooFuS for no reason. The EURO runs the game in medium range forecasting and any Met worth his salt knows this.

The Met you are referring too is a fool for announcing this garbage publicly. (sounds like Chris Holcomb) :bounce:

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
The GFS does the same thing every year and it is always a bust. The GFS is not referred to as the GooFuS for no reason. The EURO runs the game in medium range forecasting and any Met worth his salt knows this.

The Met you are referring too is a fool for announcing this garbage publicly. (sounds like Chris Holcomb) :bounce:

Thanks! :clap::clap::clap:
We just seem to attract hurricanes and tropical storms while at the beach. I ran out of fingers to count how many we have been through. And no it's not him. Guess again. Hint, he has a National Champ ring.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Thanks! :clap::clap::clap:
We just seem to attract hurricanes and tropical storms while at the beach. I ran out of fingers to count how many we have been through. And no it's not him. Guess again. Hint, he has a National Champ ring.

David Chandley? It's not like him to put stuff like this out there.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Well, he did. :rolleyes:

Late in the month, "Tropical Development" does not mean hurricane or even Tropical Storm. What it does mean is a very active pattern of weather / moisture that is tropically influenced. AKA a very warm wet pattern, especially for Florida..

And yes, if you and Mr. Hornet22 are going to the beach it WILL be a wet week. That is just how Murphy's Law works. :pop::bounce::rofl:::gone:

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Late in the month, "Tropical Development" does not mean hurricane or even Tropical Storm. What it does mean is a very active pattern of weather / moisture that is tropically influenced. AKA a very warm wet pattern, especially for Florida..

And yes, if you and Mr. Hornet22 are going to the beach it WILL be a wet week. That is just how Murphy's Law works. :pop::bounce::rofl:::gone:

Well, tell Mr. Murphy and his stupid laws that I'm bout tired of it. :banginghe
An he is welcome to keep it in Florida. I don't go down there much.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Watch out for a tropical storm/hurricane around June 12, also, as I am planning on heading toward the Outer Banks.

toyota4x4h

Murphy's Law

You may not lose it, but you may have to go down slope lookin for it. :rofl:

Its not a big slope but it does drain better than last years. Most of my seeds are up and ill tie things down in case ha!

I just spent some decent money on a nice drip irrigation system and finally got it all set up last week. Usually its pretty dry up here from here on would be funny if it washed all my work away :banginghe

Status
Not open for further replies.