Help me find a campout please?

LuisBowen

Hi, my friends and I are seniors in high school and are looking to go on a camping trip as our own little graduation party. My family has a house in Hiawasee so anything within 2.5 hours of that would be ideal. I was thinking somewhere in the smokies, maybe with a little fishing. Hopefully somewhere kinda isolated, but the focus is more on the camping than the hiking.
I understand there is probably no place that satisfies all these, but any help you can give me would be awesome.

tr21

you could try rock creek or coopers creek wma. close to Hiawassee. or the swinging bridge off hwy 60 on the river

greg_n_clayton

The Chattahoochee National Forest over here toward Clayton is a very very large area !! Entirely too many places to start naming ! I know of tucked away places where you would not "see" a human for months !!

westcobbdog

you could try rock creek or coopers creek wma. close to Hiawassee. or the swinging bridge off hwy 60 on the river

Kinda between Rock Creek and Coopers Creek is Deep Hole campground on the Toccoa, maybe a mile above the swinging bridge. Deep Hole may not be a place to make much noise, fyi. They do stock at the campground. Also you could haul your gear up and down a hilly 200-250 yd walk and park at swinging bridge parking area, way up on a hill, and follow trail down but don’t go towards bridge, instead hike down towards left side or above bridge and on parking lot side of river, big flat area along river, which may be unwadable due it being tricky to wade this area in low water times.

KDarsey

The Chattahoochee National Forest over here toward Clayton is a very very large area !! Entirely too many places to start naming ! I know of tucked away places where you would not "see" a human for months !!

I'm terrible with road names but you may know how to get him here...It is past Tallulah Gorge Visitors Center & Tallulah Falls Cemetery headed on dirt roads toward Camp Creek road. 4WD is highly recommended. It is a Ga. Power boat landing with a boat ramp & dock. Secluded is where you are. Beautiful spot.

greg_n_clayton

I'm terrible with road names but you may know how to get him here...It is past Tallulah Gorge Visitors Center & Tallulah Falls Cemetery headed on dirt roads toward Camp Creek road. 4WD is highly recommended. It is a Ga. Power boat landing with a boat ramp & dock. Secluded is where you are. Beautiful spot.
Tugalo Lake. I spend a tremendous amount of time on that lake.

Latest posts