Michael Vick 30 for 30

ddavis1120

I think Vick was one of the best football players ever and must see TV in his heyday. Just like all the other rocket scientists that play the games I like to follow, play the music I like to listen to or entertain in the entertainment venues I enjoy; I don't let their brilliance, morality, courage or lack there of impact my life.

Vick was a dumb kid from the streets that was thrown in a situation that no one on this board can remotely relate to. That doesn't excuse his actions. But I tend to put things into a perspective I can relate to. As such, I don't know many people that would have made all the right choices given similar circumstances no matter what their upbringing. Doesn't make it right, but it does give a level of understanding.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Vick was a dumb kid from the streets that was thrown in a situation that no one on this board can remotely relate to. That doesn't excuse his actions.

If you have made it to college without knowing that torturing animals is bad wrong I got nothing for you. I hope he has straightened his life out. He has paid his debt to society. He's still got a lot of penitence to do to wipe the slate clean.

transfixer

the public's infatuation with idolizing these sports figures is what gives them the means to do all the things they do, just because someone is good at throwing , catching or running with a football does not make them someone to be idolized, Vick was a thug before he got caught, he's remorseful he got caught, seriously doubt he's really sorry about all the dogs that were harmed because of what he organized, if he cared about animals or living things in general he would never have even entertained the idea of dog fighting. He should have concentrated on his education more while he was in school, last time i saw him interviewed he still couldn't even talk plainly

Whitefeather

Management Material
the public's infatuation with idolizing these sports figures is what gives them the means to do all the things they do, just because someone is good at throwing , catching or running with a football does not make them someone to be idolized, Vick was a thug before he got caught, he's remorseful he got caught, seriously doubt he's really sorry about all the dogs that were harmed because of what he organized, if he cared about animals or living things in general he would never have even entertained the idea of dog fighting. He should have concentrated on his education more while he was in school, last time i saw him interviewed he still couldn't even talk plainly
And yet he's still heralded by the media, NFL, and Falcons. He got a job as an OC on an arena team but admits he couldn't read defenses. He's now on a pregame show grumbling/stumbling/grumbling through his synopsis on how the game should be played. I still don't understand the fascination with him.

ddavis1120

If you have made it to college without knowing that torturing animals is bad wrong I got nothing for you.

I've seen much smarter people than Vick rationalize worse. As a native son of the North Georgia mountains I knew a preacher that enjoyed cock fighting; as long as it wasn't on a Sunday!?

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !

Raylander

I’m Billy’s Useles Uncle.
I've seen much smarter people than Vick rationalize worse. As a native son of the North Georgia mountains I knew a preacher that enjoyed cock fighting; as long as it wasn't on a Sunday!?

Plenty of cockfighting going on in NGA. I see ALOT of a-frames with stakes around.

joepuppy

I was never a Vick fan. But he paid his price for his crime, not much else I can say. the way you are raised affects you. He's wealthy and famous, so we hear about it more. Truth is these days, if you knew half the stuff people done wrong, you'd respect a lot fewer folks. Especially elected officials. I tend not to judge, and just hoe my own row. Problem with pointing a finger, there's always several pointing right back at you.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

I wouldn't go back to that preacher's church myself.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
i wonder if cock fighting has a lesser sentence if convicted

SpotandStalk

Dogs, deer, fish, cows, hogs, horses, chickens are all animals. If you've ever killed or maimed any of em then you've got something in common with Ol Vick

Last edited:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I absolutely love dogs with all my heart. I absolutely hate pitbulls with a black passion.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Come on now.
Deer hunters and meet eaters having something in common with Michael Vick's actions is quite the stretch.

SpotandStalk

Come on now.
Deer hunters and meet eaters having something in common with Michael Vick's actions is quite the stretch.

Ever made a bad shot and maimed a deer? Watched a tracking dog somebody turned loose latching onto a nearly dead buck?

How about some hog hunters shooting hogs in the gut and letting them run off to die? Taking pics of their kill with guts hanging half out.

Putting a baitfish on a hook in hope of catching a larger fish??

Trapping coyotes??

Ripping or biting the head off a dove that's still alive??

All can be viewed as torture

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
None of that can be compared with what Michael big did.

Mexican Squealer

Ever made a bad shot and maimed a deer? Watched a tracking dog somebody turned loose latching onto a nearly dead buck?

How about some hog hunters shooting hogs in the gut and letting them run off to die? Taking pics of their kill with guts hanging half out.

Putting a baitfish on a hook in hope of catching a larger fish??

Trapping coyotes??

Ripping or biting the head off a dove that's still alive??

All can be viewed as torture
One of the dumbest posts ever made on GON...